I'm always amazed at what people will pay.

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 22:50:41 -0400

with the current population there is a sucker born much more often than every minute
once you start selling online in the usual venues like ebay or amazon patterns emerge
the scams and trickery are never ending
i heard that feebay was trying to cut down on drop-shippers but they engage in that extensively themselves as some long-timers noticed
for evidence see the mountains of china listings in some categories
publically traded companies are on a financial hamster-wheel so you cannot be too surprised when the attitude is anything goes if it makes a buck
On 10/5/2015 11:46 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

In 2010 I bought this lathe drill chuck on Amazon for $14.95
http://tinyurl.com/nkub6xf
At the time it was sold by CoKiD Supply Co, via Amazon.
When it arrived, it said Harbor Freight right on the box, with the HF #. I looked it up, and at the time, it was like $9 at HF, so I paid $5 more, plus $5 shipping, for the exact same item, in the exact same HF box.
Now, you will note Amazon states it is sold by HF, but the price is $50, free shipping. HF sells it now for $14.95, so you can get it $35 cheaper at HF.
I remember grinning at the time, I got had for a few bucks, good for that dude. If I would have paid $50 for the thing, I'd probably not been grinning. They also got me on the shipping, because I thought I was getting free shipping on the order, and didn't notice this item wasn't included, I guess because at the time it was not shipped from Amazon, but from CoKid Supply. Live and learn. I still buy from Amazon, but I do a bit more research on stuff.
The chuck is not high quality, but it works perfect for my needs, so I'm happy.
--
Jack