I don't know if this is "Gloatable" but...

I found a guy with a nearly new Hegner 18" scrollsaw for $500. He had a load of blades and some patterns, etc. Think it's worth buying (my present saw is a Dremel 16") Tom
I picked up a 25" Hegner (older version but in excellent condition) and about 100 blades etc for $550. If I had a 16" saw, I think I'd try to upgrade by more than 2", even though it's a higher quality model.
Art
Thomas Bunetta wrote:

Thomas Bunetta says...

I think so. I have a Dremel too and I would be surprised if it gave me years of reliable service. The Hegner should last a lifetime.