I AT'NT DEAD

Page 1 of 3

Apparently there is some concern for me, because I dropped off of the group, with no warning. Well, I at'nt dead yet. However, I was beset by a sudden allergic reaction. Nothing life-threatening tho.
In the meantime, I have been pursuing various intrests. The garage/shop project is slowly making progress. The older kid has promised (again) the Luv will be done - sometime. Been checking (not too hard) to track down some neutral Turtle wax shoe polish, to continue my experiments with it on wood. Unsatisfactory results with Kiwi shoe polish.
I've also been doing a LOT of web searching, for info on various projects, some woodworking, most not. I've ran across some very interesting stuff, including somve very nice plans. Including some quite nifty woodworking plans I've not seen before. Free, of course.
A few of you may have noticed, I changed the URL of my webpage page list. That happens every once in awhile. And, of course, that page has all the links to all the other ages. LOL
At this point, I don't know what I'll do, in regard to rec.woodworking. I've not been lurking, so I don't know what's been going on, but I suppose it's about the same. When, and if, I start posting again, I don't know that I'll continue posting free plans I find. For those who don't know, I would find plans, and post the URLs to them. I never needed to hunt these out, they were more or less side-effects from searches I was making for myself. Most are free, and there's heaps of 'em. Some good, some bad, some indifferent. Just check the archives.
Ah yes, the allergic reaction, resulting in my dropping out of the group. It was diagnosed as a sudden and severe allergic reaction fo BS in large quantities. LMAO
Life is basically good.
JOAT I can see lights from BOTH ends of the tunnel. And, they're both locomotives.
J T wrote:

[snip]>
Glad you're pretty much OK. Lots of BS here for sure, but lots of good folks too.     phew,     jo4hn
Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 10:36pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) says: Glad you're pretty much OK. Lots of BS here for sure, but lots of good folks too.
Yep, lotta good people here. Just got a bit tired. I'm still not lurking, but figured I'd best come back and check this thread out.
Later.
JOAT I can see lights from BOTH ends of the tunnel. And, they're both locomotives.
Happy to know you're not dead.
Mike

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 10:40pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@dontknow.com (MikeG) says: Happy to know you're not dead.
Yep, I'm pretty thrilled about it myself. I keep a pretty close track on that, about every time I go to a doctor I have them verify it. LOL
JOAT I can see lights from BOTH ends of the tunnel. And, they're both locomotives.
(MikeG) says:

Don't forget to get a second opinion.
B.
Sun, Apr 10, 2005, 12:35am snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (BuddyMatlosz) advises: Don't forget to get a second opinion.
I always double-check with the nurse. LOL
JOAT I can see lights from BOTH ends of the tunnel. And, they're both locomotives.

OH! ...in that case, OK then.
:)
Vic
Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 11:17pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (VicBaron) whimpers: <sniffle> But you're my INSPIRATION!
It won't do any good, trying to play on my sympothy; you're going to have to start thinking for your self. But, here's one more inspiration. http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/archives/jan_feb_03/html/weekend_project.htm
In case you haven't guessed, it's an inspration for a CD/DVD case. I don't know if the drawers will take them, or not - I just stack mine up. But, if it's too small, just size it up a bit, and viola, you've got a custom-made CD/DVD case.
JOAT I can see lights from BOTH ends of the tunnel. And, they're both locomotives.
On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 22:31:15 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Norm made a CD case from that basic inspiration. One of these days I'm going to build it (or a reasonable derivative thereof).
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking...
What's with the web site, tho? Have you taken it down?
djb

Fri, Apr 8, 2005, 5:47pm (EDT-2) dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca (DaveBalderstone) queries: Thanks for confirming what I was thinking... What's with the web site, tho? Have you taken it down?
Nah, still got it, still working on it, just changed the name of the first page, which changed the URL. For now anyway, the link to the wood page is still good.
Let me know if you want the page link.
JOAT I can see lights from BOTH ends of the tunnel. And, they're both locomotives.
Your call if you want to post it or not.

J T wrote: snip

Cremation seems like a reasonable answer to the, ah, housing crisis. I would be interested in the URL, thanks.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work
J T wrote:

The housing shortage I was thinking of was the space taken up by marble orchards instead of shopping malls and parking lots. %-) The link get changed to: http://community.webtv.net/@Lookup/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/ When I try it, and you're right, it doesn't connect. It still doesn't when I remove the @ and try it some more. Interesting. I'll keep trying. Thanks, Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

That's weird: http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/ doesn't work, as reported, but http://community.webtv.net/@Lookup/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/ *does* work (at least from my domain), after automatically redirecting to http://community-2.webtv.net/@HH !ED!41!F95407936745/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/
Wondrous and strange.
Lee

It worked for me. Just checked the last two and they worked also.
Mon, Apr 11, 2005, 12:00am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@fairfax.com (DaveinFairfax) says: The housing shortage I was thinking of was the space taken up by marble orchards instead of shopping malls and parking lots. %-) The link get changed to: http://community.webtv.net/@Lookup/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST/ When I try it, and you're right, it doesn't connect. It still doesn't when I remove the @ and try it some more. Interesting. I'll keep trying.
That's what I figured you meant. And, once I'm gone, it's up to someone else to worry about it.
I tried both thos links. The one you supplied first. Took three tries, then it worked for me. The other one worked first time. It's goofing up again today, but just in case, http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/PAGELIST All I can say is, keep trying.