How to re-glue joints?

Page 2 of 2

I never knew that. I thought the big guys were manufacturers of their own resins and hardeners. I did know that Bob Smith Industries make several different formulas and sells them as custom products in their epoxy lines as well as their CA stuff.
Their CA products are used by the military to repair their RC spy planes and drones by the military as well.

Thanks for the tip.

Uh... probably about 50 years. I laughed when I saw the amounts of resin you buy. Gallon buckets? 55 gallon drums? I wouldn't use that in my lifetime!

Now that sounds like my kind of repair!
Robert

own resins and hardeners.
The big guys make the big money with the minimum problems.

several different formulas and sells them as custom products in their epoxy lines as well as their CA stuff.
Their CA products are used by the military to repair their RC spy planes and drones by the military as well.
Classic example of a niche market filled by a small guy.
The big guys would go broke in a small market like that.

resin you buy. Gallon buckets? 55 gallon drums? I wouldn't use that in my lifetime!
Think positive<G>.
Go to the restaurant supply house and get some 1 OZ, 2 OZ, 4 OZ, and 12 OZ cups.
Stop by Home Depot for some paint sticks, then over to Harbor Freight for some non sterile latex gloves, and suddenly you are in the epoxy gluing business.
About the only other tool is a 4" right angle sander with some 24 grit disks.
Next thing you know you have started down that slippery slope.

I firmly believe in the KISS principle.
Have fun.
Lew
I'd add another .02 to what Lou said.
Try Tractor Supply, or your local Vet supply store for syringes. If the mix is 3:1 a 20cc and 60cc set work perfectly. Just draw the same marks from each and mix. 2:1 4:1 or 5:1 take a little more thinking.
This is by far the best most accurate way to mix small quantities. Way better than the ratio pumps (for small quantities!)
I keep a set of syringes with West resin and fast catalyst - kept full, with a cap to keep them clean, sitting on the plunger.
When I need some epoxy, I just squirt out the amount needed and mix.
No need to fill syringes, or measuring cups.
Well, it works for me... ymmv
Richard
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I've got the same kind of project coming up in the winter, and I'd planned on epoxy as well, along with microballoons. I've used it before for repair work and have been very happy with it.
Tanus