How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1

Good strategy. I could just a planer, a jointer and a dust collector myself. I'll give her $200.

Reply to
Silvan

Vic Baron responds:

Sure. As one wife said, she was the housekeeper. Ditched several husbands, kept the houses--and almost everything in them.

Charlie Self "Health food makes me sick." Calvin Trillin

Charlie Self

Yes. You suck!

Reply to
Silvan

You get a gloat...marking it down now with LB next to it (lucky bastard)

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

...all this talk of "coddling" them...why??? If you earn the money and enjoy the hobby, then treat yourself. If you don't it is probably a good bet she'll spend it on stuff you will not be able to see the logic in (try to figure out that female mind and you will then learn the origin of insane asylums).

If you don't heed this advice, then you are doomed to an early grave and your wife will take up with the pool guy in the mansion she buys with your insurance money.

Just MHO mind ya...

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

Mine goes with me to help pick new tools purchases out. Color seems to be more an issue with her, says that one won't go with that green table saw as well as that other one over there.

;-)

KY

Reply to
KYHighlander

Finally a voice of reason amongst the PW'd masses.

Reply to
Bruce

...as much as I expect flack and such, it had to be said...and as much as I would like to do the LOL thing, I can't...

truth is truth!!! LOL

Reply to
Tom Kohlman

LOL. You guys are funny. Whipped and funny. Doesn't anyone here use separate accounts?

Reply to
Keith Carlson

Nope, no need to. When I want something I buy it if I have the money. No one complains about it. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

My wife and I have separate accounts. OH, are you trying to imply that I should use MY account to buy tools and not Hers?

Reply to
KS

Invest the rebate in flowers, dinner, chocholate or whatever she go for.

MG

Reply to
MG

It ain't nothing! I bought a DW733 planer, Jet closed stand jointer, HF $150 dust collector, Bosch jig saw, and a Jet dove tail jig, all within about two months earlier this winter. No problems from the Mrs., just gotta build her something!

The final (pre)-gloat to top it off, I have been dreaming about a motorcycle as our kid is old enough, and pretty self sufficiant to be on her own, and mom and I can go riding togather. Anyway SWMBO figured it was a good idea too, so I have been doing some drooling at the local Harley Davidson dealer too! Just trying to pry the moldy money out of my wallet! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Nope! What is mine is mine ,and what is hers is mine too! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Reply to
Anthony Diodati

became "partners" in life, love _and_ finances. Worked for us for 32 years...so far. We talk over new tool investments as well as what we spend on new furniture etc. May not work for others but it works for us.

DexAZ

Reply to
DexAZ

She'll be sorry, but you won't. Lathes are fun. Unfortunately, they're more fun with a big budget for accessorizing, and you can *really* accessorize.

(Not being able to afford to accessorize, I can can attest that it's possible to have a lot of fun with nothing more than a quality mini lathe, a few hand saws, and a basic set of Chiwanese lathe tools from Harbor Fright. There are many things I can't do, but I haven't run out of projects yet.)

Reply to
Silvan

Obviously not. You need to reestablish the natural order of things. Tell her to shut up and get you a beer.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Start earning more money with your tools than you spend on them.

Reply to
mel

But then you have another job and not a hobby any more. Works for some, but I've seen a good hobby ruined by making money.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski