How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1

You're single, right?

-- Regards, Doug Miller

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter, email me at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

Reply to
Doug Miller

Works that way for us too. 19 years (in June) and counting.

-- Regards, Doug Miller

For a copy of my TrollFilter for NewsProxy/Nfilter, email me at filterinfo-at-milmac-dot-com

Reply to
Doug Miller

You have to set priorities. Just a few weeks ago, I wanted a new router bit, but my wife needed to refill the prescription for her heart medications. Talk about tough choices.

In the end, I figured she makes me breakfast every morning so I got her the medication. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Good call and shows much wisdom on your part. Same applies for doing the dishes, laundry, taking out the trash, mopping floors, etc. ... gotta take care of your SWMBO, a good one is expensive to replace.

Reply to
Swingman

On Sat 21 Feb 2004 09:32:37a, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:pSKZb.12826$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr26.news.prodigy.com:

SWMBO and I have only been at this for five or six years. We each have a separate savings and checking plus a "house" checking account so we can easily see how much we have for toys. I try to put all my tool purchases on my accounts but sometimes a deal is too good to pass up and she doesn't mind when I pull some of it out of the house money.

It's a joy to hear her say she feels comfortable with my tool purchases because it's easy to see I'm looking for the best deal I can find on tools that are justifiable, ie I'm not throwing money at crap or expensive stuff I'll hardly ever use. Given that I appear to have a case of arrested development and at 53 can say I'm probably not going to completely grow up, it's nice to have that validation. :-)

Especially when I'm about to spend three or four hundred on classes at Woodcraft between now and mid-May.

Only thing is, now that she knows about the Wreck, she wants a SWMBO t- shirt.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

|> In the end, I figured she makes me breakfast every morning so I got her |the |> medication. | |Good call and shows much wisdom on your part. Same applies for doing the |dishes, laundry, taking out the trash, mopping floors, etc. ... gotta take |care of your SWMBO, a good one is expensive to replace.

Boy, you can say that again. Been there, done that.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

I did a job in a house where the parrot had learned to say just that. dismal place, unpleasant people.

Reply to
Bridger

You should have gotten some placebo sugar pills for your wifes heart problem, she would be happy and then you could have gotten the router bitt too, and both of you are happy!!!

Reply to
Mapdude

ok, 5 or 6 years at it and age of 53. Either this is not the first one or you are really a late bloomer.

Reply to
Mapdude

exactly. I can't understand the logic of maintaining separate accounts in a marriage.

If you go into business with a partner, do you keep separate books for each guy (if everything is on the up and up I mean)?

I just th>>>

Reply to
Mapdude

Well, we had regular fights about money until we did that 15 years ago. Now we never fight about money. If she wants a dress or some girly thing and has the money, she buys it. I do the same. Everyone is happy. The only thing we discuss is debt because that affects both. We have both agreed to not take on any debt so if she buys something with a Visa, she better pay it at the end of the month.

It works for us.

Reply to
Bruce

On Sat 21 Feb 2004 11:39:46a, Mapdude wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@iwon.com:

Both.

Reply to
Dan

On Sat 21 Feb 2004 11:42:55a, Mapdude wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@iwon.com:

I do.

Birthday and Christmas presents.

Reply to
Dan

Here you go Larry!

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Sorry, mapdude, but it ain't always like you think got it pegged.

NO way in hell I'd ever be on a joint checking account with SWMBO, and I love her dearly!

I balance my checkbook(s) every time I log onto my accounts and know exactly how much money I have, to the penny, at ALL times. She, on the other hand, thinks that if she has checks she's rich, "dipsticks" her account about once every three or four years, or whenever she realizes that she has more overdraft protection charges than she thought.

Let me put it this way ... she has a safety net in life, ME! ... I don't.

I have separate accounts because I figure I owe it to her to be more precise in economic matter than she was originally built for ... doesn't have a damn thing to do with "hiding" anything!

Reply to
Swingman

You know, he's wrong anyway. My W has the password to my checking account and she even pays the bills out of it for me. There is nothing to hide.

Her account OTOH, I haven't seen in years and couldn't even tell you the balance. Maybe I better look into that LOL

Reply to
Bruce

My wife and I have separate accounts to AVOID financially related arguments like, "you FORGOT to record a check again *&^%!". We've had separate accounts since day one. Works great. My first wife and I shared accounts and it was a PITA. Separate doesn't mean secret, it just means each account is managed by just ONE person. Truthful people don't have secrets to hide. Perhaps you aren't truthful, so you think everyone else has "something" to hide?? :)

dave

Mapdude wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

how much are they running now? I used to be a Gold Wing owner who got sticker shock when I checked a few years ago on the prices: $16,000 and some change! I paid $2,500 for mine, new, in '75, which was the first year they were produced. Sure miss that sucker! Had a 4 speaker stereo that I installed into the Vetter fairing. Had a Pioneer SuperTuner mounted on a slide mount on the handlebars, a power booster mounted on top of that (Audiovox- cheap, very small, and effective), 4x10 woofer/midranges and tweeters mounted such that their sound bounced off the windshield up toward my awaiting ears. Those were the days!

dave

Greg O wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

I'd be totally dead if I bought all three at once. That's something like 6 grand from my perspective. Buying a used Wood-Mizer was bad enough.

Jon E

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE