How to get jointer tables to sag?

My jointer tables are currently shaped liked a V. Ideally, I'd like to drop the outfeed table's far end .013" to get them coplanar, but I've had a hard time so far. After mucking with it for quite some time I went drastic. I've loosened ALL gib-related screws on both tables, but they won't sag. The infeed table can be lifted and moved around a bit, but the end won't drop any more. The outfeed table won't budge when all gib screws are loosened. Anyone have any ideas on how to get my tables co-planar? (This is a 4-month old Jet 6", BTW)

Thanks in advance.

snipped-for-privacy@shoreshore.net Only one shore to reply

Reply to
Scott Steeves

Seeing that it's 4 months old, contact Jet. It should be coplanar.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

Sounds like it is time to call Jet.