How long should it take to hand plane a face and joint an edge

Wondering how long it should take to hand plane rough board flat on one side, and joint one edge?
I've about 3 hours into a 1' piece of 8/4 purleheart, and my hand jointed edge will soon be going through the table saw since the other edge that was done with the WWI is quite a bit better.
I don't own a scrub plane, but I've got the need to take about 1/2" off this board, luckly I have a bandsaw with a 3/4" timberwolf..
Alan
It depends.
Time taken will shorten with experience.
--
Mike G.
snipped-for-privacy@heirloom-woods.net

I will also take less time if you measure for square to the face from the face you already planed flat. DAMHIKT. That's especially important when planing bench legs. Since they profile is square (2.5" x 2.5") face and edge don't really have a lot of meaning, but making the "edge" square to the side you haven't planed yet is something of a time waster.
Cheers, Eric