How do you drill glass?

Page 2 of 2
Yes. And it works very well.
wrote in message

Get a few extra bottles just in case... Do not drill until at least 24 hours have passed since you drank the wine...
Seriously, there is a bit made for this, it is roughly spear-point in shape and I belive made of carbide. It works best in a drill press at slow speed but can be used in a hand held drill. If you can keep the glass wet (with water) while drilling it supposedly helps. I've often seen the advice to make a "dam" around the hole using modeling clay or something like that, and filling it with water, but I've done OK just using a spray bottle and taking my time.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland
On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:11:04 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net (Lawrence Wasserman) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

That's right! I remember something about that part! It was ....err...it was because you had a problem ...ummm...