How can you say no?

I got another request from a customer that I have built 3 projects for in the last year, the last being the walnut curio cabinets.
This is like playing golf. You have a bad round and on the eighteenth, you chip in from 50 yards out.
I share with you the type requests that put a smile on my face.
Dear Leon, You must say yes! I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden. I make the knot garden, you make the box. I have the cardboard box that I will give to Kim tomorrow for the dimensions, if you are willing. I would like a shadow box on top too. Plus the front side that could be opened. Really hoping you are interested. Sincerely, Joanne
Leon wrote:

I had no idea of what a "knot garden" was until I googled it. Be glad she is making that part! : )
Bill

On 4/22/2014 12:10 AM, Bill wrote:

I'll have to do some research also.. I'm clueless.

"Embroidered knot garden, shadow boxes, curio cabinets? There is a disturbing pattern here. Are you turning into an artsy fartsy woodworker? ;-)
On 4/22/2014 8:38 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Ah'rek'n so. LOL. Swingman accused me of this when I designed and built the walnut entertainment nook innerd's
On 4/21/2014 11:52 PM, Leon wrote:

Looks like too much work for you Leon ;-) That might take you all morning.
--
Jeff

On 4/22/2014 9:42 AM, woodchucker wrote:

Armed with 30 or 40 seconds of familiarity with knot gardens, I am puzzled by the specification above. Why would one open one side of a planter box, and how would one get it closed again if some of the soil shifts?
On 4/22/2014 9:51 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

I think it's not a growing garden I think it's embroidery.
--
Jeff

On 4/22/2014 9:05 AM, woodchucker wrote:

I think you are right, she is a major sewing person.
On Monday, April 21, 2014 10:52:00 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Dear Leon, You must say yes! I am in need of a wooden box for an embroidered knot garden.
Hah! A somewhat similar request, I had, to make the vertical planters for the master gardeners. Back then, I had no idea what a vertical planter was.
It's these atypical projects, I find, that can be challenging, in their own right. Kinna like applying one idea/application for/to another media/genre.
I'll look forward to the results. You'll have to show us Joanne's embroidery, also. Appreciating another's skills, in a different media, is enjoyable and appreciated, also, as with your wife's quilts.
Sonny

It's probably something like a piled up extension cord or rope. They tangle and create knots just like a garden grows weeds. :-)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 4/21/2014 11:52 PM, Leon wrote:

That first sentence is worthy of a 20% price increase!
On 4/22/2014 2:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

His wife will override that... :-O
--
Jeff

I thought the same til I googled for "_embroidered_ knot garden"
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)