Hot rod table saw

Page 3 of 3

I'm going to _disagree_ with your dissertation, but only 'somewhat'.
The "I2R" losses in the wiring between the breaker-panel and the motor are related to the _total_ resistance of the wiring between those two points. Using lower-resistance wiring for part of the run _does_ decrease the total parasitic loss.
With the start-up load being in the range of 2-3x the rated FLA, there is likely a measurable benefit to that 35 ft of 8 ga., vs an equal length of say 12 ga. -- *regardless* of what the rest of the wiring is (gauge _or_ length).

Dude - you got it bad.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Hey, are you Stacey David in disguise?
I've been whoring myself since long before '99, too. It's just that it became easier to do when I got a webpage up. What I'm whoring, actually, is the Norm's Tools part of it, if you didn't know that already.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Cool, I hope that it works great for you and lasts a long time.
I built a fence for my old Craftsman table saw - pictures and drawings at http://home.san.rr.com/jeffnann/WoodWorking/Shop/Shop.html about halfway down the page...
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email

Argh! I saw this web page a few weeks ago and drooled over your workmanship on that fence Jeff. That's just a beautiful thing.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net
Thanks! It wasn't that difficult. The big pieces turned out to be standard sizes and shapes from the metal supplier. I cut everything with a hand hacksaw, (except for the 1/2" plate - I got some power assist for that) smoothed the cuts with files, then had a local shop do the welding. Paint was good ol' Rustoleum. It's well within reach of anyone who wants to save some $$$s.
The biggest challenge actually was getting all the dimensions and the design. That's why I thought posting my drawings might be useful to others...
--
JeffB
remove no.spam. to email