History Channel Special: Engines

Looks interesting. Wednesday, April 27, 2005
8-9pm (EDT, I think) -- One Time Only - Engines. Story of the development of engines and motors, with particular emphasis on the ones that have profoundly changed society. Beginning with the steam engine, we see how it was created, how it works, and how it led to the Industrial Revolution. We review the electric motor, internal combustion engine, jet engine, and rocket engine, and conclude with a look at futuristic engine technologies, including hydrogen-powered cars and microtechnology engines so small that they fit on the tip of a finger.
---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment http://www.diversify.com Website Applications =================================================
Larry Jaques wrote:

That was a Canadian invention you know.

<g>
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
WillR wrote:

The Industrial Revolution was a Canadian Invention? Blame Canada!!     spasm,     jo4hn
On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:42:32 -0400, the inscrutable WillR

Oh, sure. Where could he possibly have found steam in the Great White North? ;)
Larry Jaques wrote:

Federal Parliament building in Ottawa -- it is full of hot moist air.
OK so maybe we didn't invent it -- but our politicians perfected the steam-making process.
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Pavel Chekov insists it was a Russian!
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:09:48 -0000, Robert Bonomi

And Scotch was inwented by a little old lady from Leningrad . .

Hey now, you're treading on sacred ground there.

Great, well that's settled.

No jabla Don Pedro, but you drink that, I'll have, let's see...the Balvenie I think.

errrr.. Will... what pound/cut of Pedro are you drinking? g,d & r
On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:12:30 -0400, the inscrutable Robatoy

Don't ask, don't tell?
------------------------------------------------------- "i" before "e", except after "c", what a weird society. ---- http://diversify.com Dynamic Website Applications
Robatoy wrote:

trente ocho por ciento senor. 38% by vol.
The Balvenie (single malt) beside it -- which I had forgotten about -- is 40%. (I thought I had the Spanish keyboard turned on ... oh well.)
So we know which of us is the lush. :-)
Sitting back with a coffee and a snifter of either one and watching the sunset is a religious experience -- kinda like sunrise on Haleakela or watching the sunset above Desolation sound, or maybe a nice sunset in Winter Cove off Saturna Island. Or a morning walk in Nayarit just above PV.... or ...
Of course a nice cigar kinda completes the picture I think...
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek