HF brad nailer

Page 3 of 3
Puckdropper wrote:

Likewise a Vermeer pavement saw can make a mess of a fiber optic cable.
http://www.vermeer.com/vcom/TrenchingEquipment/Model.jsp?PrdlnID618&ModIDS362
FYI, When the cable was first installed over twenty years ago the depth was about 4'. Over the years the areas were regraded causing the problem. When we know about regrading (we're not always notified) we do encase the cable in split steel conduit, but something like a pavement saw above cuts through steel conduit like butter.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

Use to have a couple of them Saws. We called them the Wheel of Fortune. Mine where Ditch Witch's R-100's 60 feet a minute thru asphalt, 24-30" deep 5" wide. Boy what damage they did to shallow gas, phone, cable, and water lines. Cut thousands of miles of trench between 1975-2000 then retired.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

My telephone line actually comes out of the ground and then goes back under, in my back yard. I gotta get them to come out and burry it.
"Leon" wrote:

Don't know about your area, but here in SoCal, the utilities have a collective 800#, listed as "Call before digging", in the local phone book, for underground utilities.
I let my principles make the phone calls, so I'm not up to snuff on the details.
Lew

We have the same service in the Houston area however they do not mark water or sewer. Our phone number to call is 811. Unfortunately Houston has about 15 smaller cities that are adjacent that all handle things differently. Where the city is concerned, they don't care if you break the water line after the meter. Eis not thair yob to do mor than cover their fundios. Technically you have to wait 48 hours for the markings to be made before digging and they are suppose to call you if they do not intend to come out to mark. The local cable company did neither with in 48 hours, I called on Tuesday morning at 6:00 a.m., they showed up Thursday afternoon. Too Late.

None, why buy frustration? Avoid "Made in China." I don't have any Paslode tools, but I've heard they are quite good (are these made in the USA?).

I have two HF guns "Made in China" that were $20 new and have been used heavily for three years. No frustration here.
cm
For home/hobby use you can beat the HFT tool that works after the first few tries. And, so far, you can't beat them for taking back most anything you have a complaint about and offering you a trade out or merchandise card (if you've lost your receipt).
I last bought the 15 gauge Finisher Nailer when it was on-sale and applied a 20% off coupon. When I found a great looking Hitachi at Lowes for $44!! (bought two, one to give as a present) I took the HFT back (it did hang a bit) and got full credit on my CC.
I deal with two HFT's in different states and cannot complain about their return policy.
Wonder how their stock is doin in these hard times?