HF bandsaw???

Asking for a friend who seems to be hooked on harbor freight tools. He's looking at the bandsaw, wants to know if anyone owns one, how good it is and about getting a riser block for it. I have nothing against HF, even own the dust collector and a brad nailer, both work great, but he won't consider any other saw till he finds out about this one. Any and all comments welcome. Thanks Jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

I have the 14", 4 speed, w/ riser block. Got it second hand, but still in

Reply to
Rick Samuel

Had one, returned it, will not buy any power tools from HF again

Reply to
Chris Carruth

I have had one for about four years, with riser block (which they quit selling for awhile, but think they have resumed sales) Agree with Rick, throw the blade away and get a quality blade, cool blocks (or roller blocks) and you will be good to go.

The only problem I have had with it was in setup. I did not get the drive belts tight enough and it seemed not to have any power. Once I tightened them up it worked like a charm.

Deb

Reply to
Dr. Deb

You might try putting a link belt on it... I put one on my Ridgid BS and it became a lot quieter and easier to fine tune the adjustment..

Mac

mac davis

hello,

I have one, with raiser block and am happy with it. get the roler rockers ($13 or so, a great deal), and get a new blade. the ones they give are just pure crap... also, pay attention to the tire plastic thingy on the weels, mine are not good and cause issue with small blades (1/8 and smaller)... but is no problem with larger blades.

cyrille

Reply to
cyrille de Brebisson

I own one with riser block & rollers. It's a good saw for the buck ... no regrets here.

Could use better dust collection ... but he can probably rig something up from the parts in the Woodcraft or Rockler DC bins and a pair of tin snips.

On of these days I intend to rig a 4" duct with an elbow (for operator clearance) to the bottom door. But that's probably well into the future.

I'm contemplating getting a stronger blade tension spring and one of those quick-release doo-hickeys to help with resawing larger logs and to overcome my tendency to walk away without releasing the tension 'cause it's such a pain to have to retighten at each use. (I use mine very briefly several times a week.)

Bill

Reply to
Bill