HF 21 degree, 10ga. framing nailer , $99, worth it?

for $100 minus the $10 off, I'm tempted..
it would be for around the house.. maybe a partial basement finish..
i have the pc 18ga brad and 15ga finish
would i be disappointed? guess i'm thinking i bring one home and shoot up the included nails.. if there's no jams and the depth is good, i keep it; if not, she goes back
???
No problems out of mine yet. I've shot about 6 boxes of nails through it so far. (12,000 nails)

Absolutely NOT!!!!!!!!!
HUGE waste of money, and it's also dangerous!
Does nothing but jam, multiple fire or not shoot at all.....
For an extra $75 Home Depot sells refurb Bostitch or PC.
just checking.. it's model 4041, looks like a newer model for them http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?function=Search
On 4 Sep 2004 07:54:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Elmar) wrote:

I just bought mine a few months ago. Sadly I never tried using it until their return date was over. If you want to try it, I will send you mine for $50 plus shipping if you want to give it a whirl. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I don't know what I could have done.....
nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote in message (Elmar) wrote:

Mine has plenty of depth and has never jammed. It will double fire if you hold the trigger down and keep the safety depressed. Not unique.
More often than not, I'd rather have a palm nailer. (I don't shoot many framing nails lately).
I've added one to the arsenal. I got 30, ooops, 29 days to see how it works. I guess I need to build something now ;-)
If it fires the kit's supply of nails, I will probably keep it. This fit and finish looks pretty decent. A tool-less depth set would have been nice.