Hey, a woodworking post!

Page 1 of 3
I just finished and delivered a Murphy bed project to a customer. Pictures at a.b.p.w.
The bed is not very exciting as the customer wanted a large flat surface to hang material on while assembling quilts.
I do like the towers however and all the Arkansas walnut pulls. I used the same design pulls as my, earlier last year, bedroom project that I built for my wife and I. I used Cherry for those pulls.

Leon!!
Are you saying that quilts are not exciting?? Do you have ANY IDEA how much trouble you can get into saying that around a quit person?? LOL
Just thought I would mention it.
Leon wrote:

Could you post these pictures on some other site other then A.B.P.W.??? My News server doesn't make Binaries available to me.

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Scratch that. Foot of the bed view. That's another cabinet in another corner of the room. Still neat, though.
For a moment, I thought the bed door opened/swung to the left. I was trying to figure out that pivot point.... LOL.
Sonny
"Rich" wrote:

------------------- get astraweb.com
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Not interested in paying to see pictures. thanks but no thanks
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

If people want others to see their work, especially customers, it would be beneficial to them to put them anywhere but ABPW.
-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim
On 6/4/2011 11:04 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

If some one is not willing to pay a couple of dollars a year to see pictures that is fine with me. Chances are they are already paying way more for internet service than for a news server service.
But seriously that actually filters out those that would not be serious about buying anyway.

Leon wrote:

If thats your story then ok. I feel if your paying for internet service anyway why not fully utilize it to "you're" benefit. When it comes to accessing the Internet thats the only thing I want to pay for. My website hosting is free, my off site hard drive storage is free, and theres many sites that host pictures for free. Hell my Operating System is Free. I put out enough money why not benefit from the few things that are FREE.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
George Watson wrote:

Lets see I make a simple request and I get called dickhead. Thats what I'd expect from this newsgroup. No I don't want to argue with a dickhead, why? This post in my opinion has gotten off topic, and I have no interest in carrying it on any further.
Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Larry Kraus wrote:

Guess you could call it an Anthony Weiner moment!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
On 6/6/2011 12:04 PM, Rich wrote:

FTR Rich I don't think you are a DH. ;~) But, not every one is going to be pleased no matter what I do. BUT if you would like I would be happy to e-mail the pictures to you, just let me know. They are not wonderful pictures and the main reason I did not post them to Flickr which has my better pictures.
Leon wrote:

Thats cool Leon. I always enjoy seeing your work and thats why I asked. Thats obvious about not pleasing the masses. But this place is getting a bit hostile lately.
Email snipped-for-privacy@rentmyhusband.biz website http://rentmyhusband.biz /
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

============ Don't let one rotten apple spoil the whole barrel.
--
Eric

On 6/6/2011 10:30 PM, Rich wrote:

Any time you want to see something make it a point to ask me specifically.

Actually my customer e-mailed me these pictures with a better camera and lighting, so I added them to Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5807616639/in/set-72157622991960362/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5807616813/in/set-72157622991960362/lightbox /
Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5807616639/in/set-72157622991960362/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5807616813/in/set-72157622991960362/lightbox /
Was wondering after looking at the pictures. I'm getting ready to put together a pre-made Murphy Bed for a customer. I completely remodeled the room its going into with high baseboard and custom cabinets for a 2 desktop workstation area. Is it better to have the Murphy Bed sit up against the wall without the baseboard installed? I haven't installed the baseboard on that side yet and was thinking it better to have the baseboard installed up to the cabinets on either side.
Thanks, Rich
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
On 6/7/2011 8:46 AM, Rich wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5807616639/in/set-72157622991960362/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5807616813/in/set-72157622991960362/lightbox /
Rich if the bed is like most any other fold down bed the top is going to have to be securely attached to the wall. This keeps the whole thing from coming down on top of you when you pull the bed down. So that you can easily lift the bed back into the closed position there is a lot of stored energy. When pulling the bed down that is quite a bit of force pulling away from the wall at the top of the unit and probably an equal amount pushing towards the wall at the bottom.
I strongly recomend that the bed not be pushed up against the baseboard. It should fit as close and flat against the wall as possible. On my installation for my customer I simply cut a notch at the back bottom of the bed side columns to let the base board continue unobstructed in case they wanted to relocate the bed and so thew would not not have to patch the base board. This also gave me some left and right leeway with out having to deal with the base board. The side cabinets simply push up next to the bed assy. and up to the base board.