Help me pick a jointer

I've narrowed my list down to a few, so please let me know what you think about these machines. They are:
Ridgid 6". I know the Emerson version got good reviews, but what about the new ones that are supposedly made by Ryobi now? Are they the same model #?
Yorkcraft yc-6j. Appears to be a well built, good bang for the buck deal
Bridgewood BW-6R. Same as yorkcraft
Grizzly- Here are a fewquestions. After a little research, the 3 models in question are the G1182HW, z and zhw. The HW and Z are both at 325 (supposed sale on the z). I always though that the handwheels were better, but I could be off. What would be the difference between the HW and the Z aside from the levers or handwheels? And lastly, are the Handwheels on the ZHW (425) worth the extra 100 beans?
I don't want to get into a discussion about powermatic 8" or anything here, so if you have info I'd appreciate staying on topic. If there is another 6" jointer that I'm overlooking in the >400 range, please bring it up. Price is an issue, so under 400.00 is a must for me. Thanks guys.
Hi, I have the Yorkcraft 6" jointer, love it, no problems what so ever.
Tony

about
the new

in
that
difference
are
here, so

is
GBsCards wrote:

I've had a G1182HW for a little over a year and have been happy with it.
My previous jointer was a ToolCraft. I liked it; and like the Grizzly even more.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA
On 23 Apr 2004 02:19:07 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (GBsCards) wrote:

I've never used any of the above, so I'll decline to comment on them. for another machine in that class that has reviewed well, look at the sunhill.
I've got a Sunhill catalog in front of me, and the CT-60L sells for $425 plus shipping.
Bridgewood stuff has been kicking butt in every review I've read lately, though I haven't seen a review on their 6" jointer.
Joe

about
<snip>
Check out Star Machinery (sorry, no URL). I bought an 8" for around a 6" price... fit and finish are OK, and after reading of a number of other brands here am satisfied with all other aspects as well! Tom
JET is 379 at Menards, unless you just _have_ to have a closed stand. I built a new one for mine so it ducks under boards used on my tablesaw, so it wasn't a factor for me.

about
I have the G1182HW, have had it for 3 years and have had no problems. I looked at the Grizzly website and can't tell the difference between this and the Z model except for the redesigned fence.
I just changed and reset my knives using a dial indicator and I can tell you that's where its convenient to have the handwheels. I read some real horror stories about people fine tuning with the levers. With the handwheels, I simply watch the indicator until a turned it to zero (for setting the outfeed and infeed tables).
The fence is more of a PIA to fine tune. Don't know if the "redesign" would help or not. I can get it square, just takes a few extra iterations to get it right.
Chuck