Help in picking a bandsaw

I need to upgrade my bandsaw. I have an old Sears 12". It has been working fine for about 10 years but now I need to do some resawing. I found a local source for some real nice white and red oak and some cherry on 5/4 and 6/4 at 7" to 9" inches wide. The sears is too underpowered and too small.
So, I am looking at the Jet WBS-14CS and the Delta 28-206. Both are 1HP and have similar specs except the delta has 2 speeds. Both are $549.99 at woodcraft and money is a concern. I figure to add a riser to which ever I buy.
Any opinions or experience with either of these saws with the riser installed?
Thanks
Nitromaster
Check this out... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 791&itemC56005070&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW Hurry, it ends 1428 eastern time. Local pickup in VA.
Neil Larson wrote:

Neil,
I have sold hundreds of each model of both bandsaws that you asked about. Both Jet and Delta represent a good value and both bandsaws are well made. In the 14" models most reviews come down to these two units as which one is best. If I was doing craft work and lathe work I would look at the Jet and save a few dollars, if I wanted to do more resaw work and wanted to do more precision cutting I would look very hard at the Delta. The guides are superior on the Delta unit. Good luck. Mike from American Sycamore www.americansycamoreretreat.com
That is great advice, thank you much.

1 HP, 4 speeds, and a cast iron table: http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber2208 matching riser blocks from 6" going to 12": http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber45 Made in China just as much as the Delta. And you might be able to add Carter guides to it.
--
Alex
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com