Hello fellow woodworkers

Page 1 of 2
Just thought I would pop in to say hi and see if any of the old timers were still here. Hope everyone is doing fine and staying safe.
Tom Plamann
We're not here, anymore. We left.... for warmer climates. We'll be back in the spring.
Sonny

Glad to hear from you again, Tom. Whatcha been up to?
Tom Plamann wrote:

I resemble that remark. Still remember with awe some of the things you have made and kindly furnished pictures of.
Are you still doing woodworking? Hope you and yours are doing well.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I tried to visit your site a while back to show someone some of your work, sorry, art, and only an "access forbidden" page popped up. Did you take the site down or move to another one?
Congrats on the Green Bay win. Bragging rights are yours...until next year. ;)

Great to see you're still around. How about posting a link to your web site so those not familiar with your work can see something really fantastic?
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote in wrote:

I second the motion. Great to hear from you. Tell us how and what you're doing, please!
--
Best regards
Han

Mr Massively hand carved stairs, etc? The guy who sent back a shop-full of CNC routers to go back to (or more correctly keep on, in part due to customer feedback) doing it by hand? Great big new steel shop, with spiffy office ceiling from wood? Or am I mis-remembering? Hope you are well and keeping up the great work...

I'm doing just fine. I took the website down some time ago as I just wasn't comfortable with it. I'm a bit more low key as I age I guess. I started designing Luxury Period homes a few years back and I found something I really could do well without the physical side effects. I ran into a glitch though on a home I drew when they couldn't find anyone to build what I drew.... so I called my brother to see if he was willing to do the work. He was and we partnered up and started a contracting company. It's working out great and it also allows me to still do some woodworking when I feel like it. We are just finishing up on a two year build of a large English Tudor home. I can post a few pics if you would like. What place do you use to post pics here yet? Like an alt.binary site?
Anyway, hope you all are doing well and I probably will poke around a bit if you don't mind.
Later Tom Plamann

I would love to see a two year build!
How about alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
--
Jim in NC

Hi Tom,
I'm still following this news group and miss your input.
I'd love to see more of your work on the Tudor. I could use the inspiration.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Hey Jack. Good to hear from you. I'll see what I can do for more pics. Take care. Tom Plamann

I imagine you were getting a few hundred, I LOVE Your Work!, emails a week.

Have you ever worked with your brother before? I worked with mine for a while - too many chiefs. We're better brothers than partners.

Not everyone can access newsgroup binaries as some ISPs are cutting back on what you get for your dollar. Most of the time people post pictures on one of the free hosting sites, such as http://www.photobucket.com http://www.flickr.com or the like.

Mind? Yeah, right, buddy - just try to leave. Somebody get the doors. ;)
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:31:58 -0800 (PST), Tom Plamann

Howdy, Tom. I'm one of the younger (57) old timers who came back and ended up staying to pester folks for awhile.
I'm still collecting tools. What are you up to nowadays?
-- Education should provide the tools for a widening and deepening of life, for increased appreciation of all one sees or experiences. It should equip a person to live life well, to understand what is happening around him, for to live life well one must live life with awareness. -- Louis L'Amour

I actually spend a lot of time in an office i have drawing. Very calming for me and it has a great atmosphere to listen to music and work .

I actually spend a lot of time in an office i have drawing. Very calming for me and it has a great atmosphere to listen to music and work .

I actually spend a lot of time in an office i have drawing. Very calming for me and it has a great atmosphere to listen to music and work .

That quad duo of yours can make 4 posts so quick, it seems like only one post, huh? <g>
--
Jim in NC

OK,.. I'll try the Flickr thing. Here's are a couple mantles from the latest home I am working on. I http://www.flickr.com/photos/59287318@N07/5429548665 / http://www.flickr.com/photos/59287318@N07/5429547619/in/photostream /
If this works, I'll post some more as I can.
Thanks Tom Plamann
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 20:20:21 -0800 (PST), Tom Plamann

Much better than ABPF, if you ask me.

That worked fine, but a single link is all that's necessary.
You're working on yet another small starter home, I see. ;)
Gorgeous work, guys.