hello all!

Page 1 of 3
just heard about this group yesterday.I plan on jumping in once in a while to ask for advice or offer my two cents worth. My name is Dan and i'm from eastern Canada.What news group is this and where is it located ?
Dan, as Treasurer of the Wreck, it is my duty to inform you of your monthly dues. They must be paid on time or your posts will be deleted within the hour. Hang on to your two cents, as you'll need them. If you'd care to prepay for an entire year, you'll receive a courtesy discount and a free subscription to "Plans JOAT Culled off the 'Net". That is a $49.95 value, FREE with your pre-paid dues.
Send a check or money order in the amount of $19.95 for the first month, or to receive your free gift subscription, send $199.00 for a year's dues (a savings of $40.40!) to:
Bay Area Dave San Jose, CA
PS: Be sure to send US currency; I can't spend your funny money here! :)
dave
Dan Parrell wrote:

Sorry Dave money's kinda tight right now. Can you front me for two or three months till I get on my feet. I sawed my legs off in the basement,lights went out long story anyway and I'm here whittling away and I think it's going to take that long to make a new pair. sign: your friend stumpy

while
where
:) sure thing, Dan, but after 90 days, I need you to send a notarized doctor's excuse, ok?
dave
Dan Parrell wrote:

Dan -
This is the rec.woodworking newsgroup, and it is available through your internet service or under "Groups" in Google. But you have to beware, as Dave is a KNOWN rip. Don't send him the $199.00!! The actual rate is only $125, and frankly, I'm surprised that Dave is STILL trying to get away with this. With the monitoring bracelet and home arrest, you'd think he had more sense.
Y'all just send the money to ME, and I'll be sure that everything is okay.
Your new best friend,
John Moorhead

while
where
T. wandered in from the void and babbled something like:

Blasphemy!
<Greg G.> wrote in message

http://www.cabal.org /
So there. If Al Gore's Internet says so, it must be true.
Jon Endres, PE wandered in from the void and babbled something like:

Well, we all know how much Al Gore had to do with the Internet...
The key to being a (WoodDorking) God is to remain distant - ever present but ever elusive to those who seek his/her/their bold and all knowing wisdom. Observing all, but revealing nothing outright - only the traces of subtle clues that allow those who believe to make that leap of faith. Believe! The Truth shall ovecome!
;-)
Now you have got to quit hoarding all the sacrifices! Send her to me as its my turn this time to get one... You can have the next drill guage I get from Handyman Club of America instead. Deal?
(john moorhead) claims: <snip> Don't send him the $199.00!! The actual rate is only $125, <snip>
The Cabal is keeping an eye on both of them.
However, as High Priest of the Woodworking Gods, I will inform you that a small sacrifice to the would be welcome. Don't try it at home, as High Priest I handle all their administrative work, so just send it along to me. Short, slight plump, brunette, human female, by preference. Don't feel obliget, this is strictly voluntary, on your part. But, you might want to consider not getting them upset.
There is no Cabal.
JOAT Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. - Unknown
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 18 Dec 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
T. wrote:

You're implying that if you had a female plumpish brunette sacrifice your sweeping would get done for you?
Don't know much about wimminz I guess. They haven't touched a broom since the '70s. :)

My ex uses one for transportation...     j4
T. wrote:

LMAO!
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:45:23 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

Check rec.skiing.alpine for the Cabal. It's alive and (un)well.
JP ******************* Enjoying the relatively kook-free wreck.
As to the fee....
well, send 15 bottles of screech, 12 pounds of salted cod, 50 pounds of smoked Atlantic salmon and 500 Lassy Moggs over to me.
And then you will be "in." Kinda. ;-)
--
Think thrice, measure twice and cut once.

There is only one period and no underscores in the real email address.

Dan,
By now you must have realized that Bay Area Dave is an idiot. I suggest you go to the following address and do a search for "bay area dave"
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.woodworking
That will give you a idea of who your dealing with.
He's a pussy hiding behind a modem.
Welcome Dan.... This is the rec.woodworking newsgroup and we're located on the 3rd planet from the sun ....
What are you smokin up there anyway?
Bob S.

while
where
which planet is that ? What am I smokin up here, nothing right now but smoked some trout a while back,they were pretty good,but you can't beat Atlantic salmon that smokes real good! I've got a few tools,nothing great just for hobbys mostly, band saw,planer,router table nothing fantastic. I thought this news group was located in the USA

How do you keep it lit?
Frank
Dan Parrell wrote:

Alright guys, take it easy on Dan, he's a Newfie, look at the addy. Dan how did you send the message if you don't know where you are. NGs are in the Usenet, long before there was a Web, or even a grownup Gore. It's hiding in that box on your desk. I just got done smoking some salmon too, SWMBO wants to make some salmon spread for the holidays. Welcome to the group, read the FAQ if you haven't already. To save flame wars, you might want to Do A Google Search (DAGS) on a subject before you ask about it, there is nothing new under the sun and we tend to talk about it all in 3 month cycles. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

Bob Can you be more specific ? It's an almost infinite universe the you are on the Third Rock from which Sun. There are many suns.