HD's Randon Orbital 6" Sander

A Goggle search appears to back up my thought that the new 6" RO sander is a clone of the Metabo 450 Duo (A sander that I have lusted after for some time) and is made by Metabo. The specs are the same but the HD model is 2/3 the price. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge as to whither or not they are the same? Has anyone use the HD model? Thanks, JG

them is a heavy duty tool or a tool that sees frequent or extended use.....
Now I use my Orbital sander a lot and I sometimes use it for extended periods of time... somehow I just do not think a HF sander would be able to function very long in my shop before giving up and dying ...
It may look like a clone...but inside that sucker I have to ask ...what grade of plastic are the "guts" made out of... ?
I just never found a 40 dollar tool that compares to a 100 tool.... But like you, I guess I will always be looking for one... lol
Bob .

I believe that he was asking about a Home Depot tool (i.e. HD or Rigid), not a Harbor Freight tool (i.e. HF).
Dave Hall
Hi Bob, I agree with you on the "guts" issue and the $40 for a $100 tool quest. However, I have seen a few items that have dropped substantially once the development cost have been recouped and a the company is being pressured by the competition to lower it's price to keep market share. In my area Metabo is sold by a few rather small companies which do not have the buying power of HD and I have no doubt that the name Metabo commands a premium just for the name. Cheers, and back to my quest, JG