Have time to laugh? Hammer content

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/03/hammerforum-com

Somebody has too much time on his hands.
Several "somebodies" actually: - Roger wrote it - you posted it - I read it
Thanks for the chuckle, though. Does sound like a discussion that could have happened here, doesn't it?
I'd say he hit the nail on the head about forums.. :>}
"Bill" wrote in message
http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/03/hammerforum-com

Hilarious. It absolutely depicts the real world/newsgroups. All characters were present, including the nit-picky ones who simply find it hard to laugh at anything.

AMEN. Double AMEN.
I got tired of it on the BBQ forum I used to go to, the woodturning forum I used to frequent, and that same old crap is showing up frequently on my favorite pocket knife forum.
Google educated experts are the most annoying pieces of crap at the computer.
I laughed all the way through that whole post. it really hit home.
Robert
In article <b6c62b80-332c-4791-beab-2acf31687ffb@

Yep.
However, there was one part that brought back memories. My dad's best friend was a tracklayer for the Seaboard-Coastline railroad. He really could sink finishing nails with a 20 pound hammer without making a mark.

My first thought was that the hammer in question was a joke. So, I clicked on it and it went to Amazon to show the "Stiletto TBM14RSC TiBone Mini-14 ounce Replaceable Smooth Face Hammer with a Curved 16" Titanium Handle". Sooooo, such a tool exists and really does cost $220.00.
My second thought was to wonder if Leon owned one of these. :)
It was pretty funny though. And a good representation of a fairly typical discussion on many forums.
Lee Michaels wrote:

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/03/hammerforum-com
By posting it, I wasn't trying to make any sort of statement. I just thought it was funny--especially after seeing the amount one guy was able to frame in 2 hours! : )

That's great and a good representation of newsgroups. It ranks right up there with the light bulb changing one posted here a few years ago.' Art
On 4/15/2012 12:38 PM, Bill wrote:

Fuuuuuuunny!