Country Content

Anyone have a reputable site that exposes the country content of equipment?

I am in the market for a snow blower. Craftsman and yard Machines show "Final Assembly in Mexico" on their labels. Ariens shows and American flag and no "Assem in Mex" or otherwise.

Any good places to find out just how much of the product was made in the USofA? I prefer to buy American if the products are comparable.

Many thanks... Jim

Reply to
Jim

Good luck, it is difficult to find that information and so much is mixed anyway. I bought a new lawn mower and wanted something good and reliable. Got me a John Deere and it does everything I ever expected and starts on the first pull even after five years. Yep, that Kawasaki engine sure hums.

Bought a new fort lift truck at work. Ended up buying the Toyota built in Ohio instead of the Yale with the Mitsubishi engine.

Need a car? How about the new General Motors owned Saab model build by Subaru that is also partly owned by GM?

What store do you buy your groceries from? The one owned by the Dutch or the British?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

I had a lawn fertilization company do my yard. They said the fetilizer was imported from Mexico. A van pulled up, about a dozen Mexicans jumped out and pooped all over my yard.

Reply to
Clayton

Sure but the site is in Chinese

Reply to
m Ransley

You mean you actually read the labels and take note of their origins? To me its "It looks good, the price is good and it works."

Reply to
PaPaPeng

That's a good question; I agree "If it's available, looks good, works OK has a good reputation for quality/service etc. I buy, origin is not otherwise a criteria. But yes I am curious about different variations of technology and if I'm looking, say, at some attractive ceramic floor tiles at the local building supply stores I'm curious as to how and where they are made. Interesting how that Italian machine that my son uses washes and dries the one load; we use a separate washer and dryer! Or how an RCA (Radio Corporation of America) TV can be sold by Wal Mart some $30 cheaper than competitors; when it's probably manufactured (or part of it) in say Brazil. Because of course it's got to compete with that GE model that's made in Korea? And I found that Martha Stewart endorsed item at Zellers somewhat more expensive than the cheaper 'off the shelf' that I buy regardless of where made! All very interesting; it's a World Village.

Reply to
Terry

SNip.............................................................................

"Interesting how that Italian machine that my son uses washes and dries the one load; we use a separate washer and dryer!"

That kinda explains the smell I suppose! We Americans tend to wash all our soiled clothing and it normally takes more than one load. So to wash with the Italian Jobby you'd end up with a lotta heavy wet clothing or spending daze on end going through that cycle! Might be kool for your son in a pinch but I like the two machine setup myself.....

Dennis

Reply to
Rick Shaw

[...]

Yep. You'd have thought that Adam Smith settled all this hash back in the

1780's.

He essentially said that the greatest prosperity comes from each nation doing what it does best. If the French make good wine and Italy makes fine cheese, it's far better for each to concentrate on what it does best instead of France concocting mediocre cheese and Italy producing crappy wine. What makes it worse is when France tries to 'protect' its bum cheese by tariffs and taxes while Italy subsidises its wine production.

People who pay a premium out of 'loyalty' to their company, country, or collegues only help to destroy the economy they hope to protect.

Reply to
JerryMouse