Harbor Freight Tools

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:23:00 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (O D) wrote:

right.. buy a delta or dewalt... but buy an old one, from when they made them here..
I'm a capitalist.. when I buy something chi-wan-ese, I am helping exploit an impoverished third world country..
O D wrote:

That's the primary reason I buy HF.
But

I don't want this to get into a political debate but my thoughts if the working class gets supported it could lead to further capitalism down the line.

Now I have heard that Rosie O'Donnel swears by her "Snap-On" tool.

Glen responds:

I'm not real sure what we're trying to do vis a vis the euro and the buck, and I don't think anyone else is, either.
I've been looking all around for my next finishing nailer, and a circular saw, but damned if I can find any with the Klein or Snap-On names on them.
As for Rosie...nah. Never mind. :)
Charlie Self "Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." Mark Twain
On 11 Dec 2004 14:58:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Finishing for you Charlie, I think she already has. ;-)

On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:04:32 -0500, Michael Dombrowski wrote:

The compressor auto drain kit for ten bux.

one frm Grainger fo $50 that was easier to install, and it works too! On the other hand, my neighbor has one, and it works fine! Greg
In my experience, beware of anything with moving parts - inclouding the brad nailer which started leaking after a couple of light uses.
phil snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Tighten the screw and add oil.
On 9 Dec 2004 08:35:02 -0800, "phil snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com"

I have 2 of the 18 gauge ones and they seem fine..
calmly ranted:

Ditto here. Perhaps Phil FORGOT TO OIL THE DAMNED THINGS before putting them into service. ;)
============================================================= Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online =============================================================
On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:04:32 -0500, Michael Dombrowski

Not that I know of....BUT I have several of their tools....Tools I use once every 2 or 3 years etc....
I do own their cheap 6 inch digital caliper ....works for me... but I am only use it to varify that lumber is planned to the same size...who knows if it is accurate...?
Bob Griffiths
Michael Dombrowski wrote:

Don't know about a list, but MY favorite HF tools don't use electricity.
mikey.
dial indicator
hmmm.. seems to be some OKs towards the 2 hp DC. Maybe add an aftermarket 0.5 micron filter for about $100 and have a pretty top end unit.
http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm
I was wondering about how to run DC to all my tools. I may just add DCs to all my tools ;-) Using Bill Pentz's guidelines I'm adapting most all tools to 6" ports. I have the Jet 1.5hp cartridge unit, but it may run out of steam if I try to Y off of it. So I may just go with a DC per main run.
On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 02:37:28 -0700, nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote:

well, if money was falling out of trees, I'd buy a bunch of those HF 1 hp/ 1 micron DC's and dedicate one to each machine.. My guess is that the 1hp would be quieter than the 2hp, but you never know..