Harbor Freight Tools

I have 2 of the 18 gauge ones and they seem fine..

Reply to
mac davis

I may have been lucky, but mine has done the job. The roughest I have put it to was cutting a rabbit for a piano hinge for a piano bench bench made of red oak. It held through that. You read the picture well, those parts are plastic so I cant say how long it will take any real abuse.

Glen

Reply to
Glen

Don't know about a list, but MY favorite HF tools don't use electricity.

mikey.

Reply to
mikey

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:10:48 GMT, mac davis calmly ranted:

Ditto here. Perhaps Phil FORGOT TO OIL THE DAMNED THINGS before putting them into service. ;)

============================================================== Like peace and quiet? Buy a phoneless cord. http://www/diversify.com/stees.html Hilarious T-shirts online ==============================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Thanks, Greg... As it turns out, the guy that lives across the street just loaned me an old craftsman router that is a lot smaller than my beast, though about as old.. It will do fine for the few routing jobs that I hit where the router table or shopsmith won't work well.. I will probably pick one up the next time I see it at $20 or less, in case he ever wants this thing back.. He hasn't used it in over 10 years... lol

Reply to
mac davis

I can understand some people needing a cheap toll for a rare job. But when you look to only buy cheap tools, stop and think what you are doing. You are supporting another chinese family and goverment. And the more you buy their junk the more oil the goverment must buy to deliver the junk to the boats. And the more oil they have to buy the more demand o the open market for oil. I know we cannot buy everything american made, but we can buy from a free country and a friendly country and help them just as you want them to buy our stuff. Is everyone willing to take a 15-20% pay cut to lower prices of american made products? Don;t think so. Just look what we are trying to do in europe with the euro vs. dollar. Lets just hope it does not back fire. But we are buying more stuff from overseas then we send over.

Just think twice when you buy. Try a klein tool or a snap-on tool . Then try the crap from HF. See and Feel the difference. If you cant then please don't touch the tools because you will more than likely hurt yourself.

Reply to
O D

I just don't understand that statement. Why do you think you have to grossly overpay for a tool to be capable of using tools without hurting yourself? Overpay if you want, but don't act all morally superior because of it.

Dave Hall

Reply to
David Hall

Yup, yup, yup ;-)

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

right.. buy a delta or dewalt... but buy an old one, from when they made them here..

I'm a capitalist.. when I buy something chi-wan-ese, I am helping exploit an impoverished third world country..

Reply to
mac davis

dial indicator

hmmm.. seems to be some OKs towards the 2 hp DC. Maybe add an aftermarket 0.5 micron filter for about $100 and have a pretty top end unit.

was wondering about how to run DC to all my tools. I may just add DCs to all my tools ;-) Using Bill Pentz's guidelines I'm adapting most all tools to 6" ports. I have the Jet 1.5hp cartridge unit, but it may run out of steam if I try to Y off of it. So I may just go with a DC per main run.

Reply to
nospam_coloradotrout

That's the primary reason I buy HF.

But

I don't want this to get into a political debate but my thoughts if the working class gets supported it could lead to further capitalism down the line.

Now I have heard that Rosie O'Donnel swears by her "Snap-On" tool.

Reply to
Glen

Glen responds:

I'm not real sure what we're trying to do vis a vis the euro and the buck, and I don't think anyone else is, either.

I've been looking all around for my next finishing nailer, and a circular saw, but damned if I can find any with the Klein or Snap-On names on them.

As for Rosie...nah. Never mind. :)

Charlie Self "Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." Mark Twain

Reply to
Charlie Self

well, if money was falling out of trees, I'd buy a bunch of those HF 1 hp/ 1 micron DC's and dedicate one to each machine.. My guess is that the 1hp would be quieter than the 2hp, but you never know..

Reply to
mac davis

.. snip

Finishing for you Charlie, I think she already has. ;-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita