Need Advice

I am planning to purchase my new table saw at the WW show. The dealer called me tonight and offered me a deal on the same saw that belongs to a friend of his. This friend bought the saw 3 months ago and now decided to upgrade to a $2000 saw. The deal will save me $25 off the origional one I planned to purchase. I'm told it's still in box, unopened. I maybe a little excited about my new toy, but I don't think I could wait 3 months to open it.Am I being overly paranoid about the new offer? Whay do you think? Door #1 or Door #2? Thanks in advance!

Reply to
RampRat

So what does the new improved pricing do regarding warranty and dealer service? Would you receive the same service and warranty as if you bought it new from the dealer? I would not trade that feature for a mere $25.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bob,

I truely appreciate your words of wisdom. I called the dealer and thanked him for the offer, but I had to decline. I'll pick up my General International 50-185 tomorrow! Yipee!! Thank you again for the reply!

Rick

Reply to
RampRat

Greed! $25 seems like little to me. I would wait, or offer him much less, maybe $100 less or more, depending on how much the new saw sells for. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Greg,

As Bob stated earlier, the asking price wasn't enough of a deal to give up the dealer support and possibly the warranty. After I thought about it, the $25 off was kinda steep even though it was still new in the box. The $25 would have dropped the tax in half only. Rick

Reply to
RampRat

What do you mean by kinda steep? $25 off a $700-$800 saw is nothing,

-j

If they were to try and sell it they would probably lose a couple of hundred, not $25. max

Reply to
max

you still haven't said how much the friggin saw COSTS...

is it $25 off of $150 or $1,500??? can't solve a problem without the x.. lol

Reply to
mac davis

Frankly, for a saw that is "used", $25 off is not that great a deal (unless it originally sold for $75)

Even if the box has never been opened, it COULD have been damaged in shipment, as well as the warranty may not transfer, OR if it did, you would wind up 3months short of the warranty on a real brand new saw

John

Reply to
John

Buy from the dealers friend... and PAY no tax on the sale.....I woudl also verify that the dealer would honor the waranty...starting from the date you bought it...and registered your purchase...

If his friend already registered the saw... Offer 200 bucks less the he paid for it..anything less is not worth the effort...

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.