Harbor Freight Multi-tool Video Demonstration

Page 2 of 2
-MIKE- wrote:

almost never cut yourself on the bone blade but don't even think about putting your finger on the skin blade. It gives a new meaning to slice and dice.

Hmmm... brings back memories. Ever had a plaster-of-paris cast, the kind they used forever? I was shocked when it came time to remove mine, and the horrifying saw they came at me with turned out to be strictly vibratory rather than skilsawish in nature. Kinda makes you wonder what took them so long to adapt the same technology to multi-tools.
nb
notbob wrote:

Fein's 17-year (renewable) patent.

Depending on when it was issued, patents are 20 years (from date of file). Patents are not renewable past that time. They must be periodically renewed during the 20 years, however.

Never underestimate a power tool. More injuries come from "How could _that_ possibly hurt me?" than "That thing scares the crap out of me."
RicodJour wrote:

I'm pastor of that church, R, but did you see the video?
--

-MIKE-

Yep. Did you ever see the tip of my finger? A plate joiner jumped and bit me. Definitely one of the safer tools considering the blade is not exposed, still bit me. I've also had my skin cut with my Fein - not bad, but it broke the skin. At no point should you ever think, "Ah, how could this thing hurt me?" Healthy respect for tools is the best way to stay healthy and whole.

Mike, I noticed in the video that you did not use much of a back and forth mothion. Fein informed me that the Multimaster will cut faster if you work it back and forth like you are slicing a piece of bread with a knife, yup he was right.
Leon wrote:

Thank you, makes perfect sense! I will try that on the next "finger" test. :-)
If you've ever read a HF "manual," you will know they leave a lot to be desired.
--

-MIKE-