Handy Man Club TAOLG

Have to be the first to get in with this taolg (reverse gloat). They are extremely generous this time around. Not only a Black drill gauge but a notepad for your watch pocket that has about 5 sheets of paper in it. Was I the only lucky one?
Add pictures here
✖

<sniff> I haven't heard from them in years. Guess I'm not handy any more. Almost out of glue spreaders too!
Vic
Add pictures here
✖

Pffffft. You probably have an unending supply of glue spreaders, if you just recognize them for what they are. Expired credit cards, used-up gift cards, expired health-insurance cards, etc etc etc -- I have enough already to last all my remaining years.
Add pictures here
✖
rmorton wrote:

You must have been I, did'nt get the tablet, just the glue spreader
Add pictures here
✖
 Was I the only lucky one?
Nope. Got my third or fourth guide, plus the pad! in the mail just the other day. I would like to hear from someone who actually is a member of this club. No one that I know in 100 mile radius is.
MJ
Add pictures here
✖

You don't suck.
Add pictures here
✖
On 1/20/2010 5:27 PM Breezy Johnson spake thus:

The proper response to a TAOLG, of course.

- a Usenet "apology"
✖

Wataminnit!
He works for the Electrolux division of Microsoft?
"News flash!
Microsoft Buys Electrolux.
Makes extensive design changes.
They now have a product line that doesn't suck."
The "correct" rejoinder to a valid taolg is "kcus uoy". everybody knows that. for an _unjustified_ claim, it's "ereh egakcus on".
Add pictures here
✖

Crap, I got the drill guide, now I'm going to have to look in the trash for my note pad probably still in the envelope. Get any neat tools to test yet? I'm hoping for the new Unisaw.
Add pictures here
✖

If anyone has ever jointed, what's the best thing they sent you to test(I enjoyed the complimentary notepad and still have the drill guide)? I guess I'm just of the skeptical ilk.
Bill
Add pictures here
✖
rmorton wrote:

Nope, nothing here. You win.

Rob Leatham
✖
On 1/20/2010 10:49 AM rmorton spake thus:

Pardon my ignorance, but who are "they"?

- a Usenet "apology"
✖

The HandyMan Club folks. They send out these invites to be a member and include a "trinket" of some sort as a good faith measure. Usually it's a drill guide. This time it was a guide and a small pad of paper.
They promise if you sign up you get to evaluate and keep a tool.
No one ever seems to cop to being a member.
MJ
Add pictures here
✖