Halp! Can't find 12/4 for legs...

Page 2 of 2

For some reason, I didn't see that part of your post until a second or two after I hit "send"; then I wondered if I was on the right track. I guess it might depend on your definition of steep. :-) Good luck and please let us know how it works out.
Cheers, Mike

Have you looked at Talarico Hardwoods? He specializes in old growth quartered Oak. Shows 16/4 on the site.
http://www.talaricohardwoods.com/index.html
--
Regards,
JP