Groz clamp deal at Woodcraft

Has anybody bitten on this deal yet?:
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2085883/42523/Groz-Parallel-Clamp-Set.aspx?refcode IN10RL&utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=+Groz%E2%84%A2+8-Piece+Parallel+Clamp+Set+SAVE+%2480+-+NOW+%2499.99&utm_content=Laminated+Tops+10-3&utm_campaign%2F03%2F2013
I bought a set of these the other day, and I just went back and got another. It looks to me like Groz may have bought the tooling from Bessey for the old-style K-body clamps and are testing the waters to see if they'll sell. I've compared them side by side with the Besseys, and apart from a few minor cosmetic details (different plastic housings, and metal handles instead of wood) they are virtually identical. Given that most manufacturers are getting upwards of $40 apiece for their flagship bar clamps, at $25 apiece these are a steal. This is a good chance to add to your old K-body collection before the prices jump up by %40.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On 10/11/2013 3:23 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Yes, I got them when they were branded woodcraft about 3 years ago. Those blocks suck though. The oval prevents them from getting close to the corner. I was foolish enough to buy 2 sets of blocks and not use them until it was too late... ...
--
Jeff

On 10/11/2013 6:14 PM, woodchucker wrote:

I never saw the Woodcraft brand clamps, but I don't think they're the same. At least that's what the salesman at Woodcraft said. He had some complaints about the older Woodcraft clamps that I don't think are an issue with these. Can't remember what he said the complaint was though...
I've never used any of the blocks I've gotten with any of my clamp sets. I probably could have, but it's never crossed my mind at the time I've been clamping things up, and they're tucked away in a drawer somewhere, so out of site out of mind... :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On 10/11/2013 9:57 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Not sure what the problem is, I like them. Not really different from the bessey's.. time will tell. They have been used quite a lot. You can never have too many clamps ;-)
--
Jeff