Grizzly 1023Z Owners : Fence Question

I'm still on the fence (pun intended) about my upcoming cabinet saw purchase, still weighing the pros and cons of the 1023SL (left tilt) vs. the 1023Z. My main concern with the 1023Z is the upgraded Shop Fox fence. This is the fence that attaches to the front and rear of the table as opposed to the Biesemeyer clone style that only attaches to the front. (Link: http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G4723 )
My question is this... Does the fence *always* lockup square? Or do you need to frequently adjust it so that the back side mechanism is inline with the front?
I suppose I can live with having a small gap between the saw and the outfeed table to accomodate this fence (not ideal, but not the end of the world). However I *can't* live with constant checking and tweaking to keep it square...
Feedback appreciated.
Brian.
I do not own a Z. However, I do seem to remember seeing a magazine review that rated the grizz down with that fence because it didn't lock squarely. To be fair, it was a few years ago (IIRC) and Grizzly seems to be pretty good about addressing those issues. That said, my shop fox classic (biesemeyer clone) is rock solid and I never have to check.
Montyhp

I second that about the Shopfox fence. I preferred it and glad I have it - works great and I never double check anymore.
Don
Montyhp <montyhp at yahoo.com> wrote in message

I have had a Z for about 3 months now, have not used it all that much, but the fence seems to work fine. It does not slide as well as some others I have seen, but seems square.
Randy

I also have the bies clone on the 1023SL and after I fiddled with it some, it is real solid. A little hard to move sometimes because all the weight rests on the plastic guides onthe rear or are they some kind of anti friction stuff. Anyhow it is hard to push.

Charlie,
Mine glides real easy. May want to check the owners manual to see if there is an adjustment. Sounds like there may be a problem with your fence.
Montyhp

They are a bit touchy in adjustment. I removed the platic rider that is meant to ride the table itself. The fence rides the back rail only and only and there is a tad of daylight the entire length of the fence over the table. Glides easily but it took some tweaking.
Don
Montyhp <montyhp at yahoo.com> wrote in message

Have the saw and fence and never have any problems with keeping it in alignment. Slightly skew from front to back just like I set it and it stays there with out problems.