Grizzly Workbench question

Has anyone tried the Grizzly H8110 workbench? I work full time and just flat do not have time to build a workbench and continue with my woodworking at the same time. This one looks nice but its companion version with the sngle drawer didn't get a very good review from Fine Woodworking. Anyone useing this pleae feel free to chime in.

Thanks - Phil

Reply to
Phillip Sikes

I would compare the bench weight to similar benches (7' x 2'). The heavier the bench the more stable it should be. Off hand, the only structural reservation I would have is that the vise specs don't seem to provide opening widths, at least I would HOPE the tail vise will open more than 6 inches.

John

Reply to
John

Thanks for the reply John. The bench weighs in at around 400 lbs if I remember correctly. I am unsure of the vise specs also. I think I will email Grizzly and see if I can't get some more info.

Thanks - Phil

Reply to
Phillip Sikes

My only comment is that my parents ordered that maple workbench top for a kitchen island, and the product is top quality, well finished and HEAVY

Reply to
scott

Thanks for the reply Scott. I am planning a trip to the Grizzly store in Bellingham , WA soon so I can check it out in person.

Phil

Reply to
Phillip Sikes