Grizzley band saws

I'm considering a bandsaw purchase. has anyone had any experience with the new Grizzley GO555 14 inch saw. The specs look great for the price. I would appreciate any comments or steering in the direction of such information. Thanks. Ron

Reply to
Ron S.

I got mine about a month ago. So far, no complaints ( after initially having a hard time getting everything lined up to cut straight). Ditch the Grizzley blade and buy some good ones. It will make a world of difference.

WoodChuck

Reply to
WoodChuck

I've had one for a couple of months now and love it so far. Outside of a couple minor design flaws(lower bearings a little hard to adjust because of trunion) I think you can't beat it for the price. jmo

Reply to
ChairMan

Lee Valley has Viking blades and state that they are "previously identified as the Timber Wolf (R) brand". Since Suffolk hasn't anything that indicates a name change, I'm assuming that LV simply gets them from the same source as TW. Anyone know anything about these?

Also, how much of a variation in length can a 14-15 inch bandsaw blade have? If mine is an odd size and I can get a name brand one inch longer, is it likely that I can take up the slack in tensioning the bandsaw?

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

It seems that several vendors are buying the silicon steel blades in bulk from "the makers of TimberWolf", welding them into standard lengths and are marketing them. This seems to be the case for Suffolk Machine and PC Wood Machines (this is the brand sold thru Woodcraft). It is therefore likely that the Lee Valley "Viking" blades are the same thing (Swedish Silicon Steel).

WoodChuck

Reply to
WoodChuck

I understood that Suffolk was the originator of TimberWolf blades, if not then who?

Reply to
SwampBug

Well, on the invoice for the three blades I ordered from Suffolk Machinery for my Grizzly G0555, all three blades are individualy labeled "TimberWolf band saw blade". I'd be happy to scan it fer ya. . .if ya need ta see it.

Reply to
SwampBug