Granite Router Table Top

Page 2 of 2
Fri, Feb 15, 2008, 12:17pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Granitebear) doth walk in and mumble: I am curious, if some one were to manufcture granite router table tops would you be interested in buying one? I am thinking that they would be the perfect material, so sag like MDF tops and no rust like cast iron tops. What do you think. I am just looking for some opinions or ideas.
Let me guess. You want to start a conversation.
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
"Do you know anyone who could make one to order"
It seems to me that any counter top company could do that job as you are asking for a small counter top with a very small sink cut out!.
Why not Google the manufactures sites for local vendors and ask a couple of them.
On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 06:33:56 -0800 (PST), Hoosierpopi

It was kind of an inside joke. <G>
On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:17:18 -0800 (PST), Granitebear

Steel City has been marketing table saws with granite tops, using the same logic as yours.
You'd have to account for some way(s) to attach fixtures (featherboards, etc.)

What about using corian?