Got the Unisaw moved

Thanks for the tips on moving the old Unisaw I bought. Loading it in the pickup was easy. The seller had a hydraulic lawnmower lift. It slid right in. To unload, we took off the top, and laid it on it's back. Slid it off the truck and lowered the base to the floor. It was a 2 man job for sure. I was glad I took the top off, as I got to see the guts of the machine. Very impressive, After we loaded the sw on the truck, I was looking around the sellers garage and saw a mobile base in the corner, and asked if it was for sale. $25 and it was mine! It looks like a Delta base, with 2 stationary wheels and a 3rd swivel wheel, with a foot lever to lift. Is there a site where I can check serial #'s to determine the year? Thanks again for all the advise. Cliff

Reply to
sailor

If it falls between the manufacturing years of '41 and '76, try here:

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Fly-by-Night CC wrote in news:onlnlowe- snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

Does anyone have a scan of the manual for a 1943 Unisaw?

Reply to
R. Pierce Butler

Again back to OWWM (old woodworking machines) - have you checked there for a manual scan? ("dirty paper" in the OWWM lingo)

BTW, if anyone is looking for Keeter/Duke of URLS/Unisaw A-100/Keith Bohn, since he's not been spotted in these parts for a while now, he can be found at OWWM - after all, the site is his baby. And for those not in the know, he owns the first known Unisaw, which is pictured in several places on the site.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC