Gorilla Glue and Metal

Hi All,
Anyone have experience using Gorilla Glue to bond metal and wood together? As opposed to using epoxy?
I'm looking to use some 3/8" threaded rod as dowels and want to be sure I use the right adhesive.
TIA,
STeve
--
Stephen Anthony

"I fear we have awakened a sleeping tiger and filled it with a
I used Gorilla Glue to attach an aluminum plate to concrete to create a stable threshold. The threshold has been down about 6 months, walked on every day and no movement. I will use it again in similar applications. Having used threaded rods as anchors set in concrete, I always grind a groove in the threads that are buried in the concrete to ensure the threaded rod does not turn in the adhesive.
Good luck with your project.

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:21:56 +0000 (UTC), Stephen Anthony

Never tried Gorilla - nearest I use is Titebond's poly or Balcotan.
I'd be wary of it. The foaming polys are really intended for wood. If I was bonding metal and wanted something more flexible than epoxy (which is something I quite often do) then I'd use a non-foaming polyurethane like the Sikkaflex range. These are immensely strong in comparison to woodworking poly.

Not thinking straight, I once happened to assemble something like that with Gripfill (solvent-based construction adhesive). After a week I hauled it apart, scraped the still-soft glue off it and re-did it with epoxy.
On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:21:56 +0000 (UTC), Stephen Anthony

something like that it would be fine. it does not take much to hold threads in wood.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes