Goooo

What is the best cleaner to remove Gooo; i.e. sticky stuff from tape, contact adhesives, old masking tape, etc.... ?? From both work pieces and hands ...
Thanks in advance ... and I promise not to "HOLD YOU TO IT" if you have the remover!
In article
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.nc.rr.com says...

I've had excellent results with Goo Gone.
--
Mark

The truth as I perceive it to be.
Mark wrote:

Same here. Goof Off works about the same. WD-40, paint (not lacquer) thinner or kerosene aren't bad either.
Dick
Good old WD-40 wooks great also.

the
Jeff Klein wrote...

I usually use a paper towel moistened with "odorless" (low-odor, really) mineral spirits, or if the area is small and I really want to minimize solvent odors, I use lighter fluid. I hate the smell of Goo-gone.
I follow with soap and water for my hands, if I get anything on them, but I try to wear disposable gloves when working with solvents or stuff that requires a solvent clean-up. I like the "nitrile" gloves from Harbor Freight most of the time, although they are not resistant to everything.
Jim
I've found De Solv It to work best. http://shop.store.yahoo.com/flyyourflag/desclean12oz.html
Art

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:27:13 GMT, "Jeff Klein"

GoofOff, GooGone, Oops, WD-40, mineral spirits, salad oil all come to mind. All work to some degree on most adhesives.

Bad puns definitely will _not_ help your situation, sir.
========================================================= CAUTION: Do not use remaining fingers as pushsticks! ========================================================= http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
Jeff Klein wrote:

For things, naptha (Zippo-style lighter fluid).
For hands, I try orange Gojo with pumice first. If that fails, certain kinds of sticky (eg pine sap) do well in Avon pink bubble bath (oh shut up). If that fails, I break out the big solvents and say a prayer for my liver.
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:02:46 -0500, Silvan

before you do that, try citra-solv.
On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 15:27:13 GMT, "Jeff Klein"

One of the main ingredients in Goo-Gone is heptane, which is rubber cement thinner. I found it at an arts and crafts store, Michaels should have it, but I'm not positive about that. It evaporates even faster than acetone! But it seems to be better about not hazing plastics than mineral spirits is.