Good deals on used rental tools at Home Depot

Stopped by The Home Depot tool rental store while in Mobile Friday and they were selling some overstocked barely used power hand tools and gas power tools. Could not believe my eyes when I saw this Bosch 4 x 24 variable speed belt sander in new condition w/op manual and parts manual for $109.00, had to get that one. Also Little Wonder commercial double sided hedge trimmerm (MSRP 225.00) for $76.00 like new condition. And Little Wonder wheeled grass edger w/ 4hp Honda engine (MSRP $450.00) for $249.00 all in new condition. Many, many more like these, so go out and check your local HD tool rental store. GOOD LUCK!

Hmmm. The last time someone posted about HD rental sales, I went to a couple of local stores and checked. They had to cart me out I was laughing so hard. Pretty well used MK-Diamond 100 tile saws for $700. Look it up; that's just about what you'd pay for a new one. Glances at other tools yielded pretty much the same "bargains."
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

time I rent a Car etc on business I tend to drive it like I stole it... I figure someone renting a tool they know dip shit about will do the same thing...
Bob Griffiths
Ha! ha! I knew I wasn't the only one that ignores speed bumps at 50mph - in a rental car!

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 22:17:27 -0600, "bob"

I've always assumed that all rental cars were 4 wheel drive...

Not all are, but you can go over 50 MPH in Low gear.
says...

All of the times I have looked at these used tools, a) they don't appear even remotely close to like new, more like "rode hard or driven like you don't own it". b) the price is about 80% new price for the same item. I guess somebody must buy them, but in my mind, it's the same thing as buying a used rental car.