Gone camping

Just so no one sends flowers or anything; as of Monday I'll be gone camping for a week. Nothing exotic ...just a week away to sit & think and maybe chart a better course for the year ahead.
I'll have 4 days all to myself, then my wife will join me Friday night and a BUNCH of friends on Saturday for some canoing.
But mostly, it's just for the quiet.
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

Maybe you should put together a new contracting vehicle. One that floats!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Robert ... thanks. You are swamped, so don't feel any pressure to get that to me. When you get a few moments is good ... but don't push anything aside on my account.
Pity about getting rained out like that and having to stay in the gar-shop all day. ;-)
This is actually something of a 'working vacation'. I've got some design ideas for some coordinated flatwork / turning that I want to develop, so I'll be taking my sketch pad and colored pencils. And I want to re-work parts of my web site, so I'll be hauling my laptop with me. Today I noticed that, oddly enough, there is wireless internet access at the park. I'm thinking I might just set up camp for the rest of the summer! ;-)
Wonder how the wife would take having to continue to punch the clock while I'm hard at work on my tanning and fishing skills? Hmmmm
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:42:06 -0400, BillinDetroit

Never in my life have I seen a more blatant request for flowers. I'm filled with consternation or dismay.
ROY! wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ (you can't tell the difference?)
Okay then, be that way. Don't send flowers. Send pizza for me and fresh bait for the fish. ;-)
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com
On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 22:56:12 -0400, BillinDetroit

I'm old, bordering on senile.............

Would an anchovie pizza fill both requests?
Hey, enjoy your quiet time!
ROY!
WOW,
You are a lucky guy. I have not been camping in a few years. I hope to get out this winter and do some desert camping. Great to have time to yourself also.
cm
www.vintagetrailersforsale.com
I love my new mobile broadband internet connection!

CM wrote:

I've never gone desert camping. However, I -am- camping near a beach. About the same amount of sand; lots more water, bigger fish, less solitude, different assortment of crawly things. ;-)
The crew on Saturday will include a mom & two little girls camping with us (their first time ... the citified Dad bailed out for lack of interest) plus the canoeing crowd. Mom & the girls went canoeing with us a couple weeks ago. Should be fun. Might be a fiasco (city wimmin' + tents + crawly things + public showers/toilets + small kids).
During the week, the state parks are pretty empty and this particular park never seems crowded anyways. I need some decompression time ... I haven't had more than a day or two of solitude in the past 7+ years.
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com
You know what they say: "you can never have enough camps!" Ughh. Nevermind. I thought it said 'Gone clamping'
--
www.garagewoodworks.com

GarageWoodworks wrote:

Might be ... depends on how fresh the food stays in the cooler. ;-)
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:42:06 -0400, BillinDetroit

Good luck with that. Last time I went "camping" was with a friend's family to a campground where the tiny plots were right on top of each other. A whole gaggle of people showed up next to us and took shifts keeping us awake all night. About sunrise I said the hell with this and went off for a run, noticing that their coffee pot was literally on one of our tent's stakes. A bunch of very cranky people were just starting to stir when I got back.
One of these days I'll have to go do the real thing. Did it in 8th grade, our whole grade went up on a mountain for 4 days. But I'd sure have a different appreciation for it now.
-Leuf
Leuf wrote:

There is an amazing difference between the weekday and the weekend. I'm going for the full week. The first 4 days I'll be there alone ... and that's when the grounds are least full.
There are campgrounds I won't visit again, but, even though the campsite plotting is just as tiny as elsewhere, I'm on the outskirts facing the lake so I should be able to get what I am going there for (until the munchkins arrive Friday night at the campground and the Mongol Hordes arrive Saturday at the canoe launch point).
Solitude is relative. In this case, it doesn't mean I can't see other people ... I just don't have to acknowledge them until Friday afternoon.
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com
Leuf wrote:

At the state and national parks I've visited, the rangers were pretty good about enforcing the curfew. I have seen someone who was causing a disturbance forced to strike camp and leave about midnight. The first pass, they warned them. The second time two of them stood by while the campsite was cleared. I didn't file a complaint about them but neither did I shed a tear. The only sadness I felt was for the 3-4 year old with them. Mom & Dad had it coming.
It was pretty quiet after that.