Godspeed Houston wreckers!

Take care of yourselves, you hear!
Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 11, 11:03 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Aw, come on guys.. wasn't that nice of her?
Okay.. I'm terribly biased.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It just now dawned on me who you are. Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while.
I am assuming that this is actually from the lovely Angela and not the toad Robert in disguise.
    :-)     jo4hn
Add pictures here
✖
We hear ... and thank you! I just love a good wind storm, but I'm like the wicked witch of the west when it comes to water!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08
"Swingman" wrote:

Hey Swing, a question.
Do you know if downtown Houston skyscrapers have been built to hurricane specs such as 100MPH winds or limited glass pane sizes, etc?
Lew
Add pictures here
✖

Supposedly they have, as code specifies 125 mph compliance for all structures in Harris Cty. AAMOF, I must have an Engineers letter stating precisely that for frame and roof on residential construction.
During Alicia we did lose a lot of the glass in downtown Houston, but that was 25 years ago. This storm, so far, is about on the same land path, but, sitting out on the porch, it does not appear to be the storm that Alicia was ... it's still early, however.
That said, I can hear the transformer's popping South of here as we speak, and I fully expect to lose power in the next couple of hours ... no rain to speak of thus far, here just SW of downtown Houston (West University Place).
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08
"Swingman" wrote:

Understand a x'fmr blew at the Galveston YC and started a big fire in a covered boat basin.
No way to get at it, just letting it burn.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖