Gluing and staining wood question

I am building a cabinet using oak plywood and biscuits. I will be using dark carpenters glue for the job. I know glue impedes the takeup of stain in the wood so should I stain the panel pieces first or will the stain interfere with the glue at the joints?
Thanks
kb

Glue will not stick where the stain is. You can use masking tape but you will still get some bleeding.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

kb

right though; it is essential there is no glue where you will be staining.
Toller wrote:

kb

No need for dark glue, Keith. I work in a cabinet shop and we glue up panels all the time with good old yellow glue. You should have some squeeze-out at joints. Keep a wet rag around (we use old cottage cheese tubs for the water) and thoroughly wipe away excess glue when it's wet and you won't have a problem staining. Yes, it will raise the grain slightly, but you will be sanding anyway. Pre-staining doesn't work very well.
Mike Lester
news.central.cox.net wrote:

kb