Glue-up jig - how to make non-stick?

Page 2 of 2

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:25:33 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
Yep, I remember doing that. It worked just fine too. That is until one of the first graders decided that it would be fun to slide down head first, landing on his nose, forhead, chin, etc. The teacher than had us slide down on sand for an entire resess. The slide was never the same after that. :-) Yes, the memories this group brings to mind!

I keep a roll of wax paper in the shop for just this reason. For a high-use permanent jig, perhaps you could laminate or use melamine-coated PB. Wax works OK but you will have to reapply it periodically.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

being lazy, I've always put blue masking tape on the jig... makes cleanup easy and it doesn't throw off the fit if the tape is applied smoothly.... Mac 03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer 99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears
Dan Major wrote:

Wax paper.

Like some others, I use melamine for my smaller clamping cauls but for my larger ones, I put a strip of clear packing tape on the spruceyfirrypineywood's contact face, wrapping around the edges. No problems at all with yellow glues or poly. I just finished some Ipe glueups with polyglue and used wax paper to protect the work surface. That too worked well and didn't stick.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

I apply a finish (tung oil or danish oil, whatever is available) to jigs that may come in contact with glue. After a couple days you can apply Johnsons Paste Wax, giving added protection from glue. If you are in a hurry wax paper works well.
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll try the wax paper and see how well it works.
wrote: try using wax paper or celophane