Glue for finished surfaces?

I made a small cabinet for the bathroom. It's finished with Waterlox. I now find that I need to attach a mounting piece or two. I could screw them in, but what are my glue options?

Given the lack of info/pics:
Remove finish in glued area (router?),
Glueup (Titebond, with or without dowels or bisquits),
Clean off dried squeezeout,
Refinish.
-- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it. -- Hugh Macleod
On 11/27/2012 10:32 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Thanks. Screws it is, then.

Thought so. Of course, if it's in an accessible area, all that wouldn't take more than half an hour or so.
Next time, remember the Seven P's.
-- Good ideas alter the power balance in relationships, that is why good ideas are always initially resisted. Good ideas come with a heavy burden. Which is why so few people have them. So few people can handle it. -- Hugh Macleod
On 11/27/2012 8:18 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

CA glue (AKA "Super Glue") works very well for gluing to finished wood surfaces.
I prefer the thick variety for that task:
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 562&site=ROCKLER
I routinely use the thick variety of CA glue to attached trim elements (corbels, etc) to finished furniture ... along with the judicious use a pin nailer, although on smaller pieces that is often not necessary.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 11/27/2012 8:18 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

Will you ever need to remove the mounting pieces? Screw them in.
Want a permanent solution, Epoxy
On Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:18:44 AM UTC-8, Greg Guarino wrote:

Gluing to the finish will not be too reliable. You might get great adhesion with the right material but the finish can pull away pretty easily. One trick would be to use epoxy. First drill a few small holes in both faces and slather epoxy into the holes. Make sure the holes align enough to get some good overlap of the holes. Should build enough of a key on both sides to keep things together quite well.