gloat?

Recently bought 3 Rigid tools on sale as the display items from HD. All were unused and assembled and came with the users manuals.

15 inch drill press, 14 inch bandsaw, and a planer-joiner. Total including tax 525 dollars. Being retired and on fixed income I thought I did well.
Reply to
bob kater

| Recently bought 3 Rigid tools on sale as the display items from HD. | All were unused and assembled and came with the users manuals. | 15 inch drill press, 14 inch bandsaw, and a planer-joiner. Total | including tax 525 dollars. Being retired and on fixed income I | thought I did well.

Under current rules, you're only entitled to a neener.

I think you did well, too. :-)

Morris Dovey

You suck! Even $650 would be a gloat, if you needed the tools.

Reply to
Toller

Wed, Nov 15, 2006, 7:38pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com (Morris=A0Dovey) doth sayeth: Under current rules, you're only entitled to a neener.

Very true. Nothing bought from a store is ever a gloat.

JOAT Democratic justice. One man, one rock.

Reply to
J T

Hmmm... If you'd found the 3 power tools in the dumpster behind HD, now THAT'D be a gloat. Even if it doesn't count as a technical gloat, you definitely got a good deal. If I needed any of those machines, and had seen them for that price, and had the space, I would have snatched them up. Now - are any of these machines upgrades? Can you sell your old one to clear out space and make back some of your purchase price? Or can you keep your old one, and sell one of the new ones for more than you paid for it? If you fetch a good price for one of your used machines, I'd guess that could raise this up a little on the neener scale. I recently picked up a used 16" Griz bandsaw for $300, then sold my old

10" Ryobi for $100. Not exactly a neener, since I did actually pay full price ($200) for the Ryobi to begin with, but now I have a MUCH nicer machine for sort of almost the same price. On a similar note, I recently made about $40 selling an old zip drive on eBay, which was more than enough to buy a new ultra-thin 1Gig USB flash drive that fits in my wallet. Anyway, back to my point: you definitely got some great deals. Enjoy your new toys! Andy
Reply to
Andy

Man, that is a sweet deal if you needed the stuff... great job.

Reply to
bf