Gloat

I just received my new Knight Coffin Smoother in Purpleheart with a 50 deg angle. The gloat is that this plane is one of the ones Steve offered for 1/2 price a while back. This is ONE AWESOME looking plane. I can't wait to run it past some Bird's-eye maple once is acclimatizes. THANKS STEVE!!
Ed G
Oooo...I hate you (but congrats anyway)!!
Steve, you got anymore of those 1/2 price purpleheart smoothing planes??
:)
Mike

I received my padauk razee jack plane from steve a few weeks ago, with the ebony inlay. I was responding to the 1/2 price offer, too, but couldn't bring myself to screw him out of his money, so just took $30 off, so I think I still got a gloat. Together with the padauk smoother I purchased earlier (before the inlay idea was upon us, darn it, they don't match exactly) they make for some wonderful planing. I also bought the shoulder plane set he sells, but haven't used them yet.
Mike

perfect. you need to come to my shop and I will get you speeded up. lets see 20 irons a week to start with (G)

cool Now I feel all warm inside. well it could be it is 87 in here (G)

the only change I could see was a deeper body with more relief for shavings. I used your idea and made a tote drilling jig. I found the jorgenson clamp kits so I did not have to tear a clamp apart.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

Glad to here it Steve. Do you think we should tell the others the secret of the guides or keep it to ourselves? ;-) I suppose I could post photos if anyone was interested. ARM

Ya its a bit secret (G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 03:13:18 GMT, Steve Knight

Well ok, but;
_____________________ (_(_)_____(_)_____(_)_)
Anything remotely like this? :O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

I would post a pic if I could find one.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve - are ya in yer new shop yet?
Steve Knight wrote:

Thomas Mitchell asks:

Great gloat. Coons are a sign of garbage all over the driveway most of the time.
Charlie Self
"We have a firm commitment to NATO, we are a *part* of NATO. We have a firm commitment to Europe. We are a *part* of Europe." Dan Quayle
Well I sort of thought that coons were nocturnal and stayed away from people. Maybe not the trash cans, but people in general.
We vacationed on Sanibel Island last June. Drove through the nature preserve there and saw some creature. Large body, tiny head, walked on fours. We had no clue what the 5' creature was. About an hour later we were on a dock and saw a small coon wander down the beach area. By the body shape we knew that the giant creature was a coon, but the SIZE!!! had to weigh close to 100lbs. I thought the 30-40 pound coon we have roaming the backyard some evenings was big... it just didn't compare to the coon on sanibel. After seeing those two coons, we kept seeing coons all over the island, mostly in the trash bins, pools, saunas, etc.
WARRENRN1 wrote:

I, for one, believe your story, Tom. I know they got some darned big ring-tailed critters in Florida! Later, Beej

The Great Wreck Coon Gloat.... for historical purpose of course. Should this go in the FAQ with the other fish stories ....uhhh I mean tool tips?

How do you know this?
Bob Schmall wrote:

'Cause if you have raccoons around, chances are they just rifled through your garbage and left the remains of it all over your driveway. Nature of the critter.
Here in SC they just might be a sign of rabies. Look out if the coon is liking to be near you and get nearer! Since Aug 1 here there have been 6 rabies incidents here in my county. 3 cats, 1 fox, and two coons. Ya'll be careful out there, ya' heer John in SC
wrote:
<snip> What are coons a sign of... free walnut?
Yes that's exactly what the coon wanted to do. I shooed it to the front porch and kept on working. A few minutes later I checked on the coon. The coon saw me and got up, walked over, acting like it was going to rub up against me. I did something to make it stop and it sat there in the driveway in the rain until I closed the garage door. I was going to call animal control yesterday but the coon has disappeared. I figure rabbies, but someone might have been feeding it so it was accustomed to people. Having a two year old, I'm not willing to take a chance.
John wrote:

It's pretty much endemic all across North America. Not common, you understand, but widespread.