Glass retaining clips

I am building kitchen upper glass cabinet doors. I am looking for clips to retain glass panel. The only clips I found are ones from Rockler and they are plastic ones. Are there any other clips and which type and manufacturer is the best? Also what glass thickness is recommended for kitchen doors?
Lee Valley has a couple of kinds. But I'm thinking of going with silicone glue, add strength to the door, or so I was told. The glass I'm looking at is 1/16" bubble. Glass place said 1/16 is what is mostly used. Cut my rabbet 1/8 x5/16".

Check with the place that you are going to buy the glass from. They should have what ever you want providing you buy from an actual glass store vs. Home Depot or the like.
Sasha, checkout www.sommerfeldtools.com, they have a flexible plastic strip exactly for this application. They also have a bit set for making mullions. EXCELLENT!!! setup. If you go with mullion (divided panels) be careful with glue squeezout. They sell a drip glue with aeresol spray to activate and this leaves ZERO mess. They also have DVD.
http://www.sommerfeldtools.com/products.asp?ID  (pic shows "panel glass retainer" in action).
I am NOT related at all, I just appreciate the time they have saved me.
Tom
You may want to install tempered glass in them. Just think of you arm - other body parts or little kids under the doors if the glass broke and a sharp jagged edge came crashing down. Tempered glass may cost a bit more but how would you feel if someone was sliced open all for the sake of a few bucks. It may also be a code in your area, worth checking out. As for thickness 1/8" should be enough . Jim

You might want to look at using glass retaining moldings. Sold in rolls of either clear or brown. The molding sets inside the rabbet and the glass is pressed in place in the molding. Molding holds glass in place and keeps it from rattling in the frames. http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/ProductID/PTF946%20CLR
product SKU # is PTF946 CLR if the above link does not take you to the molding.
CC