General 350 dust collection

I have the older version 350 with a large dedicated ShopVac attached to the dust port. That does not remove much of the dust inside the cabinet, if any. I must clean out most of it. I am considering one of the Penn State Industries' 1.5 hp DCs (#DC2V2CF?). What is a good way to get the sawdust out of a 350 bolted to the concrete floor? I think I need some sort of bottom-ported funnel thingahmajig inside the cabinet, but I do not know which one to get or how to mount it. I am not into cutting and working sheet metal. I run only one motorized WW tool at a time.
All "been there-done that" replies will be most appreciated.
Hoyt

See if General can sell you the dust chute that is in the newer versions. If it's expensive, you could always install a sloped Masonite sheet to direct the dust towards the hose connection.
Barry
Hi Barry, Thanks for your suggestion to make a sloped Masonite item to insert inside the cabinet. I had almost come to that conclusion before I posted my question, but I wanted to hear what the guys thought of my situation. I already have the General dust port attachment panel. It is just not very effective as it is. My idea is to make a free-standing four-sided "catcher" with legs resting on the concrete floor such that it can be positioned against the dust port on the right side of the cabinet and held in place with duct tape. I would wax the Masonite's smooth side. What dust misses the catcher and falls to the concrete floor could be easily removed from beneath the catcher. Hoyt
B a r r y wrote:

Hello there,
The stock port on the old 350's is a waste of time, it does not work, even if you have eight zillion CFM.
You need to put a floor in the cabinet, just above where the plinth and main cabinet are joined is a good spot and you need to cut a hole down in the sheet metal and install a proper 4" dust port, one plastic 6" jointer hoods everyone sells would work fine.
Thanks,
David.