G&G Indent Detail Video-HowTo

I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don’t laugh). I was making the indent detail and thought I’d post a video of the process. The jig I use in the video was made from scrap and is extremely ugly – sorry.
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 22:46:19 -0700 (PDT), GarageWoodworks

Either you've got a big dog that has an awkward time reaching his food easily or you've got an arthritic dog that can't lean down very much. Maybe it's a partial deterrent to a cat that's been stealing the dog's food? The only other thing I can think of is a really pampered dog. Am I close on one?
Add pictures here
βœ–

On other consideration is a dog that knocks his food bowl everywhere making a mess. A raised holder might prevent that.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Lol. Yeah, he's a pretty big dog. He's a mut, but we suspect he's half German shepard and half Rotweiler. The best dog I've ever owned!! Very obedient.
The feeder was my wife's idea and I was hesitant to make one, but what the heck.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 4/18/2010 12:46 AM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

Interesting detail and jig - the indent would also have worked nicely on a door chime enclosure...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Yes, I think you're right. The chime cover was rather plain looking. Next chime, I mean time. :^)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 4/18/2010 1:52 AM, GarageWoodworks wrote:

Not plain-looking. "Simple" is a better description, and simplicity is only a drawback when you're going for baroque.
I like the indent because it adds very much more to "interesting" than it subtracts from "simple". IMO, that's a pretty good trick when- and however it can be managed.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

The only real comment/complaint I'd make is that it seems bulky to my eye...thinning down the pieces significantly would, I think, be a good alteration...

βœ–
I am in the process of making a G&G raised dog food bowl holder (don’t laugh). I was making the indent detail and thought I’d post a video of the process. The jig I use in the video was made from scrap and is extremely ugly – sorry.
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php
Hey, it ain't ugly. It's got flutes! I never put flutes on any of my jigs.
Fine furniture for the dog? Does he appreciate it?
What next? A Green & Green 4 poster bed for the dog?
Add pictures here
βœ–

You are a riot. I bet your jokes kill with the old ladies at bingo night.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Was that cherry ply to manufacture that jig? Sure looked it. I had to make a dog bowl food and water holder for a ~large~ shepherd who couldn't seem to eat or drink without a major spill of some sort.
RP
Add pictures here
βœ–
Nice easy jig with great results. When are you posting the "Making a sweater and mittens for your dog video" Sorry couldn't help it.
On 2010-04-18 01:46:19 -0400, GarageWoodworks

Not laughing -- but could you repeat the name and author of the book for those of us slow-of-listening?
Add pictures here
βœ–

(Amazon.com product link shortened)
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2010-04-18 23:25:02 -0400, GarageWoodworks

Good -- that's the one I got reserved on inter-library loan!
Add pictures here
βœ–