Funny woodworking phrases on stuff

Page 1 of 2

We've put together a shop of woodworking phrases that can be ordered on stuff like T-shirts and bags, mugs, etc..
Also affiliated with Rockler.com.
Is it okay to post a link to the shop?
No.

Covey wrote:

Strictly speaking, no...a once only probably wouldn't get <too> much flack, but be prepared there <will> be flamers if you do... :)
I think those w/ real ww tools/services get looked upon as a service it it's infrequent and not too blatant. Other ancillary stuff is more prone the farther it is from actual working wood...

Put it in your sig and participate in lots of discussions. ;-)
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

What Tim said.
Folks 'round here don't mind some self-promotion by those who are active participants in the community. It's them what breeze in, drop an ad, and breeze out again that are scorned.
djb
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 16:39:17 -0700, Tim Douglass
Gheeez, is this Karla Homolka's signature?
Wally

I stole it from somewhere. Don't remember where.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com

this is the wreck. it's also usenet. so nobody has authority to tell you that you can't. you have to decide for yourself.
if you do, you'll be accused of spamming. thing is, the wreck runs a big 'ol double standard about spamming... as long as your stuff is truly cool and you don't act like an ass you'll probably be welcomed with open arms.
'sides, spam or not, it's on topic....
snipped-for-privacy@all.costs wrote:

It's true that there aren't any LAWS about what can and can't be done, but there are conventions. The wRECk runs on the same conventions that Badger Pond used to. ACTIVE posters can run an ad once a month or so. Fly-by posters of ads aren't welcome to do the same. Ads that lead back to places like Rocklers generally aren't accepted because MS Rockler doesn't show up here, the company just specializes in links from a lot of site, like Amazon does. Lee Valley IS accepted because Robin posts here very regularly and doesn't fill the web with redirects. Hope that helpls, Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:

At least YOU asked - there are some.......
Nice dog and interesting site - good luck.
Vic

Looks like the kind of crap you get for fathers day, then feel obliged to wear at least once, then never again. Sorry, I'm just not into looking cute.
I'm sure you will sell some - to some poor bastards. -- ******** Bill Pounds http://www.billpounds.com

"Hold my wood, baby??"
That's a bit lame, isn't it?

I know we can do better... Warning... some are somewhat crude... but that's sometimes the point, isn't it. ;)
     How about: 001. Want to play mortise and tenon? 002. Want to see my curlies? 003. It's not just sharp, it's scary. 004. I have some excess moisture in my wood i need to get rid of. 005. I'm an expert at French polishing. 006. I have some lovely crotch wood I'd like to show you. http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/_crotches.htm 007. You have a lovely tail, dove.
(add your lines here :)
--
be safe.
flip

I'd plow a dado in that any day.
Wanna play with my tools?
Got Wood? Want some?
Nice Shaker Pegs.
My other tool is a 10 inch SAW.

Wanna see my (clamp) rack? Woodworkers do it by hand.

I'm a Real Man - I never use a guard on my tool.
BLO me.
Shave or sand?
Do you want me to finger-joint that box?
Ever had a McFeely screw?
Covey wrote:

You mean popular sayings like, "Awww SHIT!" "OUCH!" "How the hell did THAT happen?" "DAMMIT!" "Now where's that $*<@# pencil?"
FoggyTown