FS lots of tools 30% off

30%0 Off planes of all sorts. New marking knives and hammers are now available.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/newknives.jpg
made by CHESTER TOOLWORKS LLC and they are made from precision ground 3/32" thick O1 tool steel and are 5/16" wide. Snakewood, East Indian Rosewood, Brazilian Tulipwood, or Gabon Ebony. 44.00 for the snakewood and shipping 39.00 and shipping for the other woods. New plane adjusting hammer
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/newhammer.jpg
CTW hammers are designed specifically for adjusting the blades and wedges of wooden hand planes and infill hand planes. The polished brass and Lignum Vitae head is weighted toward the brass striking end and is designed so that it won't mar or mushroom the blade like steel hammers. The Lignum end is of a smaller diameter and is used to tap the toe or heel of the plane without leaving dent marks. It should also be the end used for tapping wedges tight since it won't damage the heel of the wedge. Handles are individually shaped from Quartersawn White Ash with the grain oriented to prevent the runout which weakens many other hammer handles. 45.00 plus shipping. New plane idea's
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/jointerinlaypurpleheart.jpg
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/coffinsmootherinlaybubinga.jpg
I should have one of each of these made this week.
I also have new tools almost ready for beta testing email me if interested. A plow plane a side rabbet plane based on a nice old design and a set of T&G planes.
Knight Toolworks in conjunction with Harrolson at www.japanesetools.com have had these custom made Japanese irons made for western planes. These are the first and only hand forged/laminated Japanese irons that will fit a regular wedged plane. They are 2" wide and 5.25" long and are a bit over " thick. They will drop into any knight Toolworks plane that uses a 2" iron with just a little mouth and wedge adjustment. They are made from blue steel (holds and edge longer then pretty much any tool steel on the market) and wrought iron. I believe these to be the best irons out there over O-1 and A-2 irons. They will hold an edge longer then A-2 they will get sharper they will leave a deeper/cleaner surface and they make the plane easier to use. They will really help with tearout too. They are hand stamped with Shizu Tani (tranquil valley) Shipping is 5.00 including insurance.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/jironcoffin.jpg
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/graphics/japaneseupgradeirons.jpg
All planes now have finger grips and brass set screws to adjust the fit of the iron. Rock maple Purpleheart Cocobolo at an extra cost is also available. Padouk Please check my page for all my planes www.knight-toolworks.com
I also have razee jointers and jack planes and scrubs. http://www.knight-toolworks.com/wooden.htm I have great looking/feeling coffin smoothers
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/graphics/coffin.jpg
All planes now have setscrews to center the irons in the body and make adjusting the iron easy.
All planes are sanded/planed and finished with a special oil and wax finish.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:00:00 GMT, Steve Knight

Ah, that's what it is. It looked a bit like lead in the pic.

I like those little hammahs, Steve. Ouchy price, though.

Hmm, no, I'm not pleased with racing stripes on planes. Let's hope some other folks are if you make very many of them.
Cool, carry on!
P.S: I'm up to about twice a week now. That's how often I pick up your smoother plane and use it in the shop.
--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."

I think the "racing stripe" looks better horizontal to the sole as in Steve's models vs. vertical to the sole as I've seen from some planemakers. A question for Steve; have you considered making similar planes using a layer of _very_ wear-resistant wood for the sole and then maybe an easier-to-work wood for the rest of the plane body?
Cheers, Mike

all my planes have IPE soles. I can use most woods for the body though cherry and walnut are too soft.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

that's the fellows retail price. it takes a lot of effort to make a hammer if they are not mass produced. he has the heads CNC'd. those title things take a lot of effort to make.

I have changed the design and do it this way
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/web_temp_pics/bloodwoodjointer.jpg
hey I got to try new things (G)

cool can't ask for more then that.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 17:17:21 GMT, Steve Knight

Oh, I don't doubt that. I just find it hard to pay so much for a hammah. I'm so cheap, I found the $2.99 HF framing hammah to be juuuust right, and I'm not even a bear. I'm using a $6.95 Warrington hammah from Griz on the wooden planes I bought/traded from you, and it's just right, too.

Go for it. Some people like racing stripes on their planes. I move mine a whole lot slower so I can listen to the lovely "scritch" as it cleanly and perfectly slices all those teensy fibers.

For me, that's amazing. I'm finally back in the shop.
-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown

this has been my frustration in wanting to make several things.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 03:18:03 GMT, Steve Knight

Just remember that there are folks out there paying top dollar for Bridge City, Emmerich, Lie Nielsen, etc. stuff, so your market is what you make of it. Go get 'em, Steve!
This guy overfilled his garage/shop with tools so he went out and bought a new house so he could build a 1k' shop to hold it. http://www.realestatejournal.com/homeimprove/homeimprove/20001017-bensinger.html
-------------------------------------------------------- Murphy was an Optimist ---------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development
[snip]> >

Wow, That's the plane you made for me, Steve! Couldn't help but have a little rush of pride when I saw the picture. It's a great plane. Very true and works like a charm. I didn't weigh it but there's ample heft.
I like the "racing stripes." [snip]

(G)
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes

Not making enough furniture cause the purpleheart smoother is whining it's not getting much attention. Used the scrub the other night instead of the table saw to take down some 1/4" BB ply to the edge of a ink holder I sold a couple of. Finished with a hock iron stanley 9 1/2.
Not gotten a chance to play with the iron I bought and put a back bevel on for working purpleheart.
Got most of a quick plywood cart to hold the DW735 on one shelf and my compound miter saw on the top, alah a New Yankee Workshop episode. The saw bed is at the same height as my table saw fot long length support.
Plan to put a drawer below the planer to use the space. Had hoped the Kreg miter guage would fit, but the bar is too long.
Alan

let me know how it works since I have never tried it yet.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:17:08 GMT, Steve Knight

Steve, did you see David Marks on WoodWorks tonight? He showed how to make a plane out of purkleheartless. There goes your bidness. ;)
-- Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is Forgiven. Gee, ain't religion GREAT? --------------------------------------------- http://diversify.com Sin-free Website Design
calmly ranted:

Yeah, but David, while he made a great looking plane, used every Normite tool in his wonderfully equipped shop to do it with! He even used an IRON plane to trim up his wooden project plane.
I also noted he never claimed that this, in any way, saved any money.
Patriarch

too bad I did not get to see the show. it does not take too many power tools to make a plane and you can do a lot of wit with handtools. but as you say you don't really save money making just one.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 04:53:11 GMT, patriarch

Take a look at Steve's shop. He can't make money with Neander tools. They take too long. They're what we use to relax. To get work done <sigh> the Normite tools usually get the nod.
But there's not a single project yet that I've failed to use _some_ Neander tools on. Not one. That said, I need to get out into the shop and finish the carving bench. The top's on and it pivots, but I don't have a set of adjustable arms to keep it resting at angles yet. And I need to set a sandbag shelf on the bottom for ballast.

Nope, and if he's smart, he never will. ;)
--
The State always moves slowly and grudgingly towards any purpose that
accrues to society's advantage, but moves rapidly and with alacrity