FS: Heavy Rolling Base for Table, Radial-Arm, Band Saw, Lathe, Drill Press - $45

Please see photos and respond only to my Craigslist ad - it is linked to my real email address. These items are in the Dallas, Texas area, and cannot be economically shipped:

have four of these. They are steel rolling bases with precision Albion casters and four adjustable stabilizing/leveling feet. They would be ideal for setting up a garage wood or metal shop with tools that could be rolled out and stabilized for use, then rolled away for storage.

The ball-bearing casters have grease fittings on both the wheels and the swivels, and the wheels are replaceable.

The bases are were built for a commercial application where each would hold well over 1000 lbs of equipment. The mounting surfaces are precision-machined flat within 0.002", and mounting bolts are included.

These bases are very heavy, and require two people to lift. They will be many times more stable and vibration-free than the cheap "wheel kits" normally sold for power tools.

I am selling these bases for less than the price of one caster wheel from Grainger!

Thanks and regards,

Marty

Reply to
Martin

Looks very nice and the price is VERY reasonable.

Ignoramus18212

Very nice!!!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Why in the world would you ever sell them so cheap? You could quadruple the price and you'd still get rid of them quickly.

RicodJour

You guys are making me feel dumb :)

I didn't know what to ask for them. Seems like something that would only appeal to a few people (home shop guys), and because they're too heavy to ship the buyer would need to be local, so I figured it might be hard to find someone. If they disappear fast I'll know better next time. Anyway, I published a price so I'm not going to renege on it.

best regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin

You can ship them if they are under 150 lbs.

igor

Reply to
Ignoramus18212

BTW, I have two more similar bases that I will list next week, but I can't easily get them out until these first four are removed from my storage.

The other two are similar size, have casters and adjustable stabilizers also, but the bases are much heavier. Each has an X-Y table incorporated, with foot pedals for lock/release. The X-Y platforms are each two 1" thick steel plates riding on Thomson SPB-16 linear bearings and shafting. So I guess each X- Y table has four lengths of shafting and eight SPB-16 linear bearings.

One of them also has a rotary table under the X-Y table. It rides on an enormous ball bearing, and has a lock.

I estimate that each of these other two bases weighs 350-400 lbs. I had to buy a shop crane to lift them off the bed of my pickup, then set them down and roll them into storage. It took two of us to lift one edge up the required inch or so to get the wheels to step over the entry ledge.

How much should I list these guys for?

thanks,

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Martin, you are talking about big bucks, put all of this stuff on eBay.

Ignoramus18212

You've got me, but you should definitely do some homework before you list things with which you're unfamiliar. I saw a sticker on the base in one picture, so you should _definitely_ put the manufacturer's name and model number in the listing. Do a google. You'll probably crap your pants when you see how much they'll want for such heavy mobile, adjustable bases.

Craigslist is a pretty good place, but eBay is probably better. Guys that deal in equipment will know exactly what they are, what they're used for and will have arrangements with truck shippers, so the distance isn't so critical - especially since you're almost willing to give them away!

RicodJour

Is there any kind of lift mechanism to raise the base from stationary positon to wheeled position similar to Delta Mobile Bases? Or, are the stabilizers screwed down with a wrench to lift the wheels and frame off the floor?

Reply to
Woody

The latter - you use a wrench to adjust the legs. The bases are manufactured by Terradyne to support large heavy test-equipment towers. Probably not conducive to a single-lever lift.

best regards,

Marty

Reply to
Martin

That's Teradyne and they manufacture high end test equipment. Here's something on eBay that looks like it might have a base like you have on part of the equipment.

would suggest that you remove your listing from Craigslist and do a little more research to determine what the things s are actually worth. I would not be surprised if a Teradyne base sold new for a thousand or two. You should also target your audience and post listings on used test equipment web sites.

RicodJour

equipment.http://cgi.ebay.com/Teradyne-973ST-DRAM-Structural-Tester_W0QQitemZ23...>> I would suggest that you remove your listing from Craigslist and do a

I've gotten an education on this. The guys (from this newsgroup, I think) that commited to the stuff on Craigslist did so in good faith, so I wouldn't dream of backing out on their deals. But I will, as you suggested, try an Ebay listing for the other two bases that have the X- Y tables attached. I've never sold anything on Ebay myself, just listed some machine parts and miscellaneous stuff through a friend's account. I guess I'll have to get a Paypal account and a throwaway checking account to link it with.

best regards,

Marty

Reply to
Martin